ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Ravens couldn't finish

vmax

Interesting debate going on now...

Colin Cowherd (moron) is claiming an inside source is telling him Flacco is "figured out" by the NFL - he can't complete his reads, it's first read or Rice. What I think is funny about that is that Joe played a pretty outstanding first 3 quarters. So unless they just figured it out in the 4th, we have to wonder.

On the other side, someone in the Sun and elsewhere, pointed to Flacco's frustration. Quiet, but there. Saying Joe was clearly upset on some plays where he made quick reads and threw, even into coverage. The Heap play was one. Apparently the body language seemed to read "I was made to do that" (aka, he was told by his coaches).

Personally... I think it's a combination. Flacco has trouble getting through reads at times, especially against the Cover-2. Many QBs do. You can overcome that. I also think it's evident we totally took our foot off the pedal on Sunday. I put that on Cam. Plain and simple.

In the end, I still give some credence to the fact that we're still just a few weeks into this new "so much talent" offense. The tools are still being worked out. I don't think Joe will ever be Drew Brees. But remember that it took Brees into his third season before he hit his stride and figured it out - and he had a far worse early career that Joe. And that was under Cam. And there was a process of learning to take the reliance off of Tomlinson at times there too.

Interesting debate going on now...

Colin Cowherd (moron) is claiming an inside source is telling him Flacco is "figured out" by the NFL - he can't complete his reads, it's first read or Rice. What I think is funny about that is that Joe played a pretty outstanding first 3 quarters. So unless they just figured it out in the 4th, we have to wonder.

On the other side, someone in the Sun and elsewhere, pointed to Flacco's frustration. Quiet, but there. Saying Joe was clearly upset on some plays where he made quick reads and threw, even into coverage. The Heap play was one. Apparently the body language seemed to read "I was made to do that" (aka, he was told by his coaches).

Personally... I think it's a combination. Flacco has trouble getting through reads at times, especially against the Cover-2. Many QBs do. You can overcome that. I also think it's evident we totally took our foot off the pedal on Sunday. I put that on Cam. Plain and simple.

In the end, I still give some credence to the fact that we're still just a few weeks into this new "so much talent" offense. The tools are still being worked out. I don't think Joe will ever be Drew Brees. But remember that it took Brees into his third season before he hit his stride and figured it out - and he had a far worse early career that Joe. And that was under Cam. And there was a process of learning to take the reliance off of Tomlinson at times there too.

Whatever. It's clear concise posts like these that really piss me off....wait....haha. Honestly, very good post. I have a feeling Cowherd isn't totally wrong either though.