ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Ravens couldn't finish

vmax

They led for most of the game but not by much.

When you let teams like the Pats hang around, you pay for it.

Three offensive possesions in overtime and they could not get it done.

Very disappointing.

4-2.

56847100.jpg

"NO! Don't run the QB sneak Joe!"

56845611.jpg

Guest BallTMore

On to Buffalo.

We're in good shape, but we could be talking Home Field right now if we didn't go soft in the 4th qtr.

Off topic but...

What was Brady and Suggs jawing about before the Pats tied the game up at 20? It looked to me like Thomas wanted a flag called on Ngata for tackling him a quarter second after releasing the ball.

He's a bigger pussy than I thought if that's what he was whining about. Suggs probably called him out on it.

On to Buffalo.

We're in good shape, but we could be talking Home Field right now if we didn't go soft in the 4th qtr.

Off topic but...

What was Brady and Suggs jawing about before the Pats tied the game up at 20? It looked to me like Thomas wanted a flag called on Ngata for tackling him a quarter second after releasing the ball.

He's a bigger pussy than I thought if that's what he was whining about. Suggs probably called him out on it.

Brady was slamming his hand in the grass jawing at the ref. I think he was pulling for a flag and Suggs told him to quit being a bitch. I thought the refs were good today...a little off on their spots a couple of times but really good with the bigger calls.

Guest BallTMore

Brady was slamming his hand in the grass jawing at the ref. I think he was pulling for a flag and Suggs told him to quit being a bitch. I thought the refs were good today...a little off on their spots a couple of times but really good with the bigger calls.

Thought so. It wasn't close to being a late hit, and Ngata didn't slam him. What a fucking douche. I'm even more pissed we just lost to this asshole.

Don't worry...we beat them when it counts. In the playoffs. This is the kind of team you want to see again.

Yea...let the season play out. The Pats might edge the Jets and the Ravens would have a chance to play them again in the playoffs. I'd like another shot at them.

The offense hit some really rough patches. Two drives in a row stalling out at fourth-and-short? The running game has to deliver. The running game did not show up in the second half leading to third-and-long situations.

Mason has to come down with that slant in the endzone, it hit him in the hands.

First, I agree on refs. Good job overall. Not one of the Brady hits was close to bad in anyway and the refs rightly let them play.

Second, I would say Cam went into conservative and predictable mode. We were 100% unpredictable in the first half and ran all over the Pats. Nice. Second half? Don't know what it was be we just shut things down. No aggressiveness. Not enough play action. Too reliant on the check-down. And I guess you could put that on Joe, but we seemed to be asking Joe to check down. Silly and weird pass routes, bad pass coverage. Downright unoriginal and boring.

Cam's playcalling or Joe's execution? Seemed like he played really timid after the Pats made the game close.

Bingo! Joe absolyely played scared. If that is how he will play with the game on the line, let's just move on. I don't want a Favre gunslinger, but I absolutely don't want a guy that runs scared at the end of games. If Joe didn't like the playcalling, Audible! You're an NFL QB, act like it and take your team over already! If he doesn't want to, give Bulger a shot. We should be scoring by the freaking boatload. It's embarassing Joe. Screw em on, forget about throwing INTs and hang it out there when you "should" be hanging it out there. When the game is on the line Joe you need to be making throws down the field, not checking the Ray Rice.

RRRRRRRR, I won't forget this one for awhile.

Guest BallTMore
, forget about throwing INTs and hang it out there when you "should" be hanging it out there. When the game is on the line Joe you need to be making throws down the field, not checking the Ray Rice.

haha! And if he threw an INT fans would still be complaining.

The Patriots coaches adjusted their gameplan, the Ravens didn't. Game over.

The Baltimore quarterback: Damned if you do, damned if you don't.

Not exactly, that's why I quoted "should". At the end of a close game against a good opponent, we need to be able to take resonable chances. Checking down to receivers will not win games. That's just a fact. It's not damned if you do and damned if you don't. It's damned if it's not done right. And the end of the game was absolutely not executed correctly. Not by a long shot. Do things right, period. And yes, things can be done right and lose.

Guest BallTMore

Not exactly, that's why I quoted "should". At the end of a close game against a good opponent, we need to be able to take resonable chances. Checking down to receivers will not win games. That's just a fact. It's not damned if you do and damned if you don't. It's damned if it's not done right. And the end of the game was absolutely not executed correctly. Not by a long shot. Do things right, period. And yes, things can be done right and lose.

I'll have to watch the end of the game again (Though I don't want to.), but it looked like Joe had no where else to throw the ball.

It didn't look to me like Joe dropped back and just looked at Rice. He went through his reads then dumped it off. Not sure what else he could have done other than force the ball into tight coverage. Something that could have ended the game a lot earlier than it did.

I think this was a total team loss. I can't pin this on one side. Offense, defense, special teams, and the coaching staff all contributed to this loss.

Cundiff's kick out of bounds started the train rolling.

The offense moved the ball and scored enough to give the defense a 10 point lead in the 4th qtr.

And the defense gave the offense three chances in OT.

I think the failed QB sneak was the beginning of the lost momentum. And yes, the best QBs are able to thread some needles when they have to. Tell Manning, Rivers, Brees, Brady, and Rothlesberger don't do it? Tell me that the Santonio TD for Super Bowl was drawn up. It wasn't the WR made an adjustment and Ben rifled the ball to a tight window. Santonio made an equally great catch. Were's that with Boldin etc? They can't make the catches if Joe doesn't throw. The throws HAVE to be down the field in those instances.

It looked to me on a number of plays they showed replays that people were open and Joe didnt see them. Boldin was open on the Heap double covered pass and one soon after where Joe just ran out of bounds. To me it seems like Joe does not go through full reads but only looks primary, then Rice and if Rice isnt there its confusion time.

At this point in his career, and its still early, if the offensive play calling is good Joe executes well. If Joe has to use his head, whether it be to audible out of a poor matchup, or choose another target he doesn't do well at all. That's just how I see it.

I place most of the blame on the late game play calling, not Joe.

Guest BallTMore
Boldin was open on the Heap double covered pass and one soon after where Joe just ran out of bounds.

The first was a missed opportunity, for sure. Was the second play the one where Joe was running to his left? I could see in the replay Joe saw Boldin open. I don't think he could contort his body enough to make the throw, so he chucked it out of bounds. Don't remember him running out.

Guest BallTMore

True. But Flacco may never be a Manning or Brady. That's rare to come across.

I understand comparing, we see/hear it every year. Some team gets a MLB that can make a few plays and he's dubbed by fans and media to be the next Ray Lewis. It's been 15 years and there still hasn't been another Ray Lewis. Patrick Willis is as close as it gets, but...he's not Ray Lewis. Not close.

I guess I'm comparing but I was looking more at using those weapons. There are there for when you need them...like in yesterdays 3rd and 4th quarters.

No way the Pats could cover all 4...no way.

"On paper" there is too much physical talent on the Ravens O so it must be something mental that is keeping this unit from breaking out.

The first was a missed opportunity, for sure. Was the second play the one where Joe was running to his left? I could see in the replay Joe saw Boldin open. I don't think he could contort his body enough to make the throw, so he chucked it out of bounds. Don't remember him running out.

You're right, I think he threw it away before running out of bounds. To me it looked like Boldin was open before Joe started running.

Guest BallTMore

I think the game replays tomorrow. Should be interesting to re-watch the 4th and OT "drives".

I hope I can process what I'm watching from the fetal position while chanting, "Find a happy place! Find a happy place!"

I think the game replays tomorrow. Should be interesting to re-watch the 4th and OT "drives".

I hope I can process what I'm watching from the fetal position while chanting, "Find a happy place! Find a happy place!"

You're a glutton for punishment if you don't turn it off after the 3rd!

NO.. Do you really want to replay the Ngata hit when Brady acted like a crybaby, while he completed for the pass that secure the OT.. first and 25, four mintes to go.. and he make the pass for 24 yards! Hard to blame Suggs there, the hit.. one 1/2 second earlier and suggs probably secured a fumble and game over.

Or do you really want to see what Ray Rice can do with the ovale, 15 touches and 15 yards.