ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Game balls

geo

Offense: Joe Flacco down 0-13, stepping up and 3 balanced nice TD drives.

Defense: Sizzle deserves his money, 2 sacks and a lot of hits.

ST: Cundiff and Koch and their units again dominating.

Coach: Harbs for coaching a team who has more disciplin now, it was not really competing early in the game, still they found a way in the game. Harbs is pretty cool and balanced after a hard loss, not blaming the world, NFL, refs, dome or other circumstances.

What I liked about;Cam and the offense; they have the skills to make a comeback, they are versatile and has a lot of options, I think there is more to come, and they are pretty good to lead a TD drive when you need it.

What I liked about;Mattison and the defense; they still can take away the opponents runninggame, they still have the ability after a turnover in Ravens territory to stop the drive.

What I liked about; Rosburgh and the ST; the kickoffs and the punt units, game after game.

Overall: We are a great team, and we can make it!

Check: QB, WR, TE, RB, DL, LB, Kicking units.

3 areas where we struggle; OL, CB and the Return units. Overall the major problem is the CBs, it is evident, especially when we face a balanced team like the Falcons who has a good passingame and a good runninggame, to beat a team like that you need to beat their defense, so we can make them one dimensionel on offense.

When criticizing Suggs you have to ask: Does he really have any help out there on the pass rush? Outside of Suggs we do not have a guy that can pass rush. I am not saying Suggs is a great pass rusher, but he has done well this season with what he has had to work with. I think it is Mattison's fault for not realizing the lack of talent on the pass rush and utilizing more stunting along the defensive line. Other teams do this all the time, why can't we? Against Matt Ryan it was continual three, four-man rushes straight up. The offensive line knew what was coming. It has been like that all season.

Mike Nolan was vanilla like Mattison, but at least Nolan was able to throw some wrinkles in there along the defensive line.

I just look at elite passrushers like Strahan, White, or LT and it never mattered who was out there with him. He was paid to be an elite passrusher.

I do agree that Mattison isn't good in the NFL. I believe Rex hid the lack of regular passrush and lackluster DB's with scheme. Bringing rush from angles kept offenses offbase. Mattison when he brings the heat is very predictable. I do have to say that blitzers need to stop tipping their blitz.

I just look at elite passrushers like Strahan, White, or LT and it never mattered who was out there with him. He was paid to be an elite passrusher.

I agree with you, Suggs is not an elite pass rusher and is probably overpaid. He is a solid player, but certainly not an elite player. He could use some help out there.

My problem is only what he is paid. He got a contract on what he did in his first couple of yrs. He has developed no new passrush moves. For what he is now he should be making about a third less.

Now you have Ngata about to get his big payday. The market is set by Haynesworth and also Suggs. You give him elite money for not elite production. I want really big money for my elite production. Had they extended Ngata 2 yrs ago before he became a star they could have saved so much money. Now he is a good passrusher for a guy at his position in addition to everything else he does.