ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Mason says it best

cravnravn

I don't think that anyone is arguing that the Cheifs and Jags are so much better. We're addressing that guaranteeing wins in the playoffs by the Ravens is a silly notion. We've beaten what three teams with winning records? One of em we needed a last second TD when they fielded their third string QB! We've needed the entire game to put the Browns, Panthers, and Bills away. I believe this team can beat anyone, but it's very foolish to guarantee wins with the way this team is playing.

Papasmurf was arguing this. And I still think I have a right to believe we would beat these team, all of our losses under Harbaugh have been to teams with similar or better talent. We don't lose to teams with less talent. Sure it gets interesting, but we still manage to win these games. I am as confident as ever against teams like the Chiefs or Jags.

I'm not saying we can't win, there's no question we absolutely can win. I'm just saying guaranteeing wins is very silly. This team has not played a single game this season that you can say I guarantee a win against a playoff team. We have been in every single game this year, so yes, we can still go to, and win the Super Bowl. Thinking a playoff win is automatic is faulty logic at this point. Even if they do win, it still doesn't prove the point that anyone was right. It simply proves the point that the Ravens are good team capable of beating other good teams. We're not a dominant team capable of walking into the playoffs and cruising through the first round. Every game will be a battle, there are no guarantees with this team.

Also, Papa simply stated that he thought KC would beat the Ravens, he didn't guarantee they would. I don't think he would do that, the first round is going to be a bunch of very even matchups in the AFC. The betting lines will more than likely agree.

Has Papa stated we'd beat any team this year??

Yes, it seems that Papa is generally more pessimistic than optimistic, however he's more right saying he thinks we'll lose than someone guaranteeing a victory. That's all I'm saying. I wanna win the same as everyone else, I just feel like every game is gonna be a battle. We had to battle against the Bills and Panthers, of course it's gonna be a battle against a playoff team. That should be a battle cry, never quit! Not we're gonna blow em away.

Also, Papa simply stated that he thought KC would beat the Ravens, he didn't guarantee they would. I don't think he would do that, the first round is going to be a bunch of very even matchups in the AFC. The betting lines will more than likely agree.

I guess this is where we disagree. I see us as clear favorites over a team like the Chiefs, Jets, or Jags. I think there's a fine line between us and teams like that. Teams like that lose games they are not supposed to, we don't. I don't care if we make it close, the Steelers nearly lost to the Bills in OT on a dropped pass but they still won. A win is a win, doesn't matter how you get there. Teams like the Chiefs, Jets, and Jags stumble when they aren't supposed to. At least our loses are to elite teams.

We lost to the Bengals, certainly not an elite team. Our other three losses are certainly to teams with solid talent, there's no question.

KC looks very similar to us. They laid an egg against Denver. Their other losses are to the Raiders, Texans, Colts, and San Diego. Those are good teams. Houston you can argue, but I think they're tougher than their record shows.

Jacksonville looks just like us. They have lost to all good teams except one laid egg against Tennesee. Their other losses are to, the Eagles, the Giants, Kansas City ironically, and San Diego. Those are all good teams except Tennesee.

I would have to say that we've lost to overall better teams, but there's nothing there that jumps out at me and says those two teams are chump teams.

We lost to the Bengals, certainly not an elite team. Our other three losses are certainly to teams with solid talent, there's no question.

KC looks very similar to us. They laid an egg against Denver. Their other losses are to the Raiders, Texans, Colts, and San Diego. Those are good teams. Houston you can argue, but I think they're tougher than their record shows.

Jacksonville looks just like us. They have lost to all good teams except one laid egg against Tennesee. Their other losses are to, the Eagles, the Giants, Kansas City ironically, and San Diego. Those are all good teams except Tennesee.

I would have to say that we've lost to overall better teams, but there's nothing there that jumps out at me and says those two teams are chump teams.

I'm not saying they are chump teams, I just think they are more in line with teams like the Texans, Dolphins, Raiders, and Bucs. They are just not on our talent level.

Exactly my point, I feel we're capable of beating them, but in no way should I feel like we're gonna walk in and guarantee a victory. Houston nearly took us and they're not on our talent level. TB, threw everything at us, we didn't secure that game till late. Both of those games could have easily gone the other way. That's why I say yes, we can win, but no, there's no way I'll guarantee a victory.

Yes we lost to the Bengals, we had what 5 turnovers that day including 4 int's from Joe..Yet we still had a chance to win..That game was week 2, Now if what happened Monday Night would of happened in week 2..We would have lost..

When our backs were against the wall, the Ravens came through..Offence, Defense, Special Team all contributed to that win..That right there is a complete team, you need all 3 ingredients to win a Championship.