ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

O's sign Guerrero

OutsideRzAcE

After Roberts, Markakis... what do you do in the line-up...???

Vlad, Lee, Luke, Reynolds, Jones all fighting for 3-7.

I don't think they'll put Jones at #2. He doesn't seem to do well there. But I'll take... Vlad, Lee, Luke, Jones, Reynolds... 200 Ks and 30+ HRs in the 7 spot? Wieters, Hardy in 8-9? I'll take it.

Like others have said, worst case scenario is that he isnt quite as effective and we aren't competing the way we hope to. If that happens we can still trade him for some young prospects possibly on a team that is making a playoff push.

I think this move will pan out though, I think his power and typically clutch hitting is a good fit in the lineup.

$8 million with only $2 million deferred; kind of alot...; the lineup looks good. If Vlad has a first half like last season, why not put him 3rd? I think most are assuming Vlad is #4, but who knows. I'm worried about Scott having most LF duty when Pie is better but probably will have very limited role there. Does Reimold get sent down I guess?

Reimold is probably sent down. But it will depend if Buck wants a 5th outfielder or another utility infielder. Most are saying he'll go with a second utility infielder.

Meanwhile, who really cares about the money? It's a one year deal. It's all washed away next year when we go and try again anyway. There's no baggage being carried with us whether he has a great year or not.