ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

-- Ravens Injury Update --

Ravenmaniac52

-- Ravens Injury Update --

Wed Jan 21, 2009 --

The Baltimore Sun reports Ravens SS Dawan Landry, who suffered a spinal cord concussion in September, has yet to be cleared for contact. ORG Marshal Yanda (knee surgery) has made solid progress since undergoing major knee surgery, but he probably won't be ready to practice until training camp. NT Kelly Gregg (left knee surgery) had microfracture surgery on his left knee and likely won't be cleared to return until offseason workouts in May or June.

The Baltimore Sun reports Ravens LB Antwan Barnes said he underwent surgery to repair his torn left pectoral muscle after the team's playoff win against the Miami Dolphins on Jan. 4. "I'll be back here in March when we start lifting and everything like that," he vowed. TE Daniel Wilcox said he contemplated retirement while rehabilitating his sprained left big toe. "Even now, I'm still in a lot of pain," he said. "But I know in my heart, I just really need some time to heal. … I'm definitely coming back next year."

The return of Yanda, Gregg and Landry would certainly be huge boosts to this team. I think these injuries flew under the radar in the media, and our backups did a great job of stepping in, but we need these 3 guys (who all have good-sized contracts) back and helping the team badly.