ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Check out my latest autograph

cravnravn

Sent two baseballs back home to my eldest Son..He denied me an autograph in 1994, told me I looked like a dealer and all I wanted to do was to sell his autograph..He doesnt know me very well, I sell nothing.

539039_10151052861439753_534820328_n.jpg

Jim "Hot Cakes" Palmer!!! Another HOF'er to the collection

Edited by cravnravn

Haha he told you that to your face?

Yeah he did, hes not the only one either, Eddie Murray told me no, Steve Carlton told me no, but then I explained to him that Im a avid Autograph collector, and nothing would be sold, atleast while Im alive it wont..Tony Sarigussa when I approached him, he would only personalize it for me..Pro players are funny about it, I can see there point..But its been a hobby of mine and my sons since they were very young..My son Drew in the photo is 28, it wont be long before the pros start to tell him no.

Yeah he did, hes not the only one either, Eddie Murray told me no, Steve Carlton told me no, but then I explained to him that Im a avid Autograph collector, and nothing would be sold, atleast while Im alive it wont..Tony Sarigussa when I approached him, he would only personalize it for me..Pro players are funny about it, I can see there point..But its been a hobby of mine and my sons since they were very young..My son Drew in the photo is 28, it wont be long before the pros start to tell him no.

Interesting... yeah I like the idea of collecting autographs. So do you prefer having it personalized or just a normal autograph? I have a Manny Machado ball I got autographed when he was in Frederick. I want to get that incased.

No I prefer them not to be personalized, when Im long gone maybe my kids want to sell them(My daughter has already laid claim to my JohnnyU autographed jersey)

If you want some nice looking cases for your baseball, go to Michaels, I need a new jersey case for my Ray Jersey and they are having a 40% off sale right now...They have some really fancy cases too, baseball, football, jersey cases..

I just started getting into autograph collecting. I do just for the fun of meeting the player. It's getting to be expensive. I got a Ngata jersey, photos of Webb,Yanda, and TSmith. RRice is doing a signing up in White Marsh. I'm thinking of doing a jersey w/him.

Rob, you want some pointers??

I have never ever paid for an autograph, I just refuse to, hell we pay/paid their salary..The best source you can have is young kids, but if you're on your own you find out where the teams are staying in hotels, most teams have contracts with hotel chains..Yankees have a contract with Marriott, so we would go to the bar there, just act like you belong you dont bull rush them..

When Baltimore hosts autograph shows, you look at their location they are having it, a good one for me is when they had a huge HOFer signing at the Pikesville Armory, I didnt pay to go, my and a friend hung at the Pikesville Hilton in the bar, and sure enough right after the players are done they came back to the hotel, I got Pete Rose sitting at the bar, then was walking in the lobby and Duke Snyder walked in...Got them both,

The only expense Ive had over the years is Official baseballs and NFL Footballs, the NFL Balls were 75.00 a piece...

And, check Ollies, they buy out sporting good stores and sell stuff dirt cheap, I purchased Ray Lewis and Dan Marino official jerseys for 20.00 a piece. Ebay too, especially if you want a players jersey from another team..My son is a big Chipper Jones fan, he picked up a chipper jersey official, for 30.00..Baseball teams now use the hotels around the harbor, one way to find out is to go to a Hilton or Marriot, go to the elevators, press the buttons for all floors. if a particular floor doesnt light up, rest assure that a team is staying on that floor..

Thanks for the tips Crav. I never really thought of looking on Ebay for jerseys. They do have some good deals on there. Yeah I heard kids are the best since they think adults are dealers. My GF works for NSA and every once and awhile a player comes there. She got me a Ngata signature. You would like this. She came home one day and handed me a signed baseball card. Said this guy was down there signing cards, she had no idea who he was....he was Rick Dempsey.