ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Edsals Team

vmax

I thought the exact same thing. The UMD offense looks prehistoric. Many times more simplistic than anything Billick ever put on the field. Why are we still running shotgun, choice option plays with less than two minutes left? The two minute offense was absolutely miserable. Seriously with all the practice time a division 1 football team gets THIS is the best offensive system Edsal and staff can come up with? No organization, urgency or downfield passing play in the two minute? The throw back screen on third and long was a terrible call. Even if we did not get a first down, we needed to get field position for a game tying field goal. Instead the long developing screen plays goes for a five yard loss. We should have been aiming to WIN this game not tie it.

By the way Hills has no arm strength once so ever. He has a long delivery as it looks like he has trouble palming the ball with one hand. Every pass has air under it. He cannot seem to make throws on a line or put some RPMs on the ball. Does not look like a division one QB.

On the positive side Stefon Diggs is the real deal. The guy is an elite talent as billed. Every time he has the ball he's a threat for a big play. In any other offensive system I'm sure he'd be putting up huge numbers right now. Heck I cannot help but wonder what it would look like with O'Brien throwing Diggs the ball in Franklin's offense :P

The offensive line looked good too. It is not their fault Hills cannot get rid of the ball. He holds on to the ball way too long.