ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Great Article on DeCosta

vmax

Decosta.jpg

This is a good read and insight into Eric's character.

http://www.espn.com/blog/baltimore-ravens/post/_/id/49193/ravens-eric-decosta-a-master-of-determination-patience-and-pranks

"I hate to fail," DeCosta said. "I love to win, but I really hate to lose."

At 9 years old, DeCosta didn't make his Little League baseball team. By the time he was 12, he was the best pitcher in the league.

When he started at Colby College, he was an undersized linebacker, a so-called "smurf." By the end of his playing days, DeCosta was the ultra-prepared captain of the Maine school's most successful four-year run in over 30 years who knew everyone else's assignments and wasn't bashful in letting them know, according to his coach, Tom Austin.

When DeCosta joined the Ravens, he was one of the worst racquetball players in the building -- to the point where no one wanted to play him (it simply wasn't a workout), but he quickly became the best. It looked like he would relinquish that title after injuring his right elbow in July. Instead, he learned how to play left-handed and still beat his colleagues.

"He’s the most competitive person I’ve ever met, and I’ve been around really competitive people," said Pat Moriarty, Ravens senior vice president of football administration, who has spent 26 years in the NFL.

This article also gives great insight on how solid and good the Ravens organization is. Why else would somebody wait years and turn down 9 GM offers.

The atmosphere at the Castle must be terrific.

usatsi_11998371.jpg?w=1000&h=600&crop=1