ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

CB Eric Green Arizona Cardinals

ravinmaniac52

Scouts, Inc. scouting report:

Grade: 70 | Key

Alert: None

Comment: Green is a four-year veteran who the Cardinals drafted in the third round of the 2005 draft. He has excellent size, speed and athleticism for the position. He is smooth, explosive and can extend the cushion with his pedal and transition to close on the ball in front of him or to the sides. He has fluid hips which he can flip to turn and run with receivers deep and he has a burst to catch up when receivers get a step on him. His biggest issues are his lack of concentration and lapses of techniques. He tends to gamble and can get out of position, overestimating his ability to make the play. He has average ball skills when he can get in the area and has just one interception in his first three years, that coming his rookie season. He is not timid about getting involved, but could be more physical in run support. He pretty much needs to be 100 percent healthy to play effectively and could be tougher, mentally.

http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/players/sco...g?playerId=8489

A grade of a 70 is considered a 'Good Starter.' Note that this scouting report was posted before this season. Since then he has been "dropped from the starting lineup to the healthy inactive list over the course of the 2008 season." According to the Arizona Republic, the Cards are not going to re-sign Green.

Green sounds like he would be solid depth. Here is another guy I would look at:

Vincent Fuller

Vincent Fuller was Green's teammate at V-Tech. Fuller is listed as a safety, but he was an effective nickel corner for the Titans this season. Here is the article from the Sun before we played the Titans in the divisional playoffs stating how Fuller grew up a Ravens fan, and that his family and friends are all big fans as well:

Baltimore native puts aside hometown feelings

Nice research guys...it looks like depth is available before the draft.

CB is critical...with all the talent the D had, they couldn't stop anybody until McAlister and Starks came. The Ravens could be back in that situation real fast if Rolle and McAlister don't return. Washington and Walker got the job done but if either gets hurt...trouble.

Got to get depth at this position and some developmental guys from the draft....build a pipeline again.

Nice research guys...it looks like depth is available before the draft.

CB is critical...with all the talent the D had, they couldn't stop anybody until McAlister and Starks came. The Ravens could be back in that situation real fast if Rolle and McAlister don't return. Washington and Walker got the job done but if either gets hurt...trouble.

Got to get depth at this position and some developmental guys from the draft....build a pipeline again.

Rolle should definitely be back. He has played some good football the past two seasons. Not exceptional, but certainly solid. Cmac is probably gone because of his big salary, unless he renegotiates. In which case, I believe he could be a solid strong safety for us as well as a sub-package defender.

Yes, there is plenty of depth available on the free agent market on corner. I am sure Ozzie will nab a guy or two. Here is another guy that could be a solid sub-package corner:

Tramon Williams

Green, Fuller, Bodden, Williams, and Greer are all lower to mid-tier guys who would make great sub-package corners, with good #2 starter potential. Here are a couple of upper mid-tier guys that shouldn't break the bank by demanding franchise deals, but will certainly demand a healthy starters, low #1 corner tier-type contract:

Kelvin Hayden

Bryant McFadden

The Steelers have just as many UFA's to worry about as we do. I certainly would not mind taking McFadden off of their hands. Hopefully he will be on our radar. Hayden is another guy who could start for us as well.

Then of course, we know who the top guys are who will probably break the bank. I doubt we will go after any of these three guys:

Nnamdi Asomugha

DeAngelo Hall

Dunta Robinson

This is the type of stuff I love before the draft, the free agent "bargain hunting." trying to find the guys that Ozzie will go for. This is a good topic, we should keep it going. This could become the official free agent topic where we ExtremeRavens try to find the "gems in the rough."

There is certainly a lot of depth at corner, with guys who are still young and have starter potential, but at the same time have the experience from playing in the league. Basically, there are plenty of potential Fabian Washington's out there. If we can fill our holes at DB through free agency, it will give us wide open draft options. Granted, this type of depth is certainly not there on the receiver free agent market, whereas the receiver draft class seems pretty solid. I am sure Ozzie sees this.