ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Vikings at Steelers Game Thread

thundercleetz

We weren't the only ones who saw some bukkshit...

Explain this to me

The Minnesota Vikings had a first and goal from the 1/2 yard line, but apparently they have turned the playcalling duties back over to Brian Billick. How else do you explain a team that has Adrian Peterson in the backfield, throwing the ball on second and third down and then settling for a field goal?

While I'm ranting here, I thought I'd irritate the Steelers fans with a little more official bashing. On the last kickoff return, a Pittsburgh player jumped onto the pile at the end of the play and ripped the helmet off one of the Vikings underneath him. There was an official standing right there looking at the play and the helmet flew right by him, but I guess that's not a penalty at Heinz Field.

And, let's see, didn't a Steelers defender just kneecap Brett Favre? Instead of a flag, the official quickly explained over the PA system that the Vikings player was holding and threw the guy into Favre's legs...except the replay only showed that Tom Brady is in London.

Really, the officials appear to have just decided this game. They took away a touchdown from Favre on a bogus tripping call -- the replay showed it wasn't -- and the Steelers have turned it around with a huge fumble return to take a 10-point lead. The officiating has been awful in this game and -- though it may be a coincidence -- just about all the bad calls have favored the Steelers.

http://weblogs.baltimoresun.com/sports/schmuck/2009/10/nfl_explain_this_to_me.html