ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Miami Dolphins' Joey Porter on New England Patriots' Tom Brady: 'He got his own rules'

thundercleetz

Miami Dolphins' Joey Porter on New England Patriots' Tom Brady: 'He got his own rules' - ESPN Chicago

Joey Porter, never shy with an opinion, thinks that Tom Brady has an extra advantage every week: his own special set of rules.

"No question," said Porter, the Miami Dolphins' quotable linebacker, who meets Brady's New England Patriots on Sunday. "When a guy can tell a ref when to throw a flag and he gets it and stuff like that, he got his own rules. They made the whole [rule that you] don't go at the legs because of Tom. So when he feels that someone is coming at his legs, he just points at the ref and he gets a flag. So you've got to honestly say that he got his own rules."

"Never really too much cared for New England," Porter said. "Still don't care for New England. The hate's been there for a while, especially after all the cheating they did back in the day. I can honestly say I don't agree with it, but it happened, and it's over with now."

It isn't the first time Porter had criticized the Patriots. In May 2008, he told ESPN's "NFL Live": "They [the Patriots] cheated, there should be an asterisk. They cheated and they got caught."

I cannot help but agree with Joey. Especially that first quote, we saw that first hand this season.