ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Dolphins - Panthers Game

varaven45

After watching last nights game, I am thoroughly convinced our guys need to deliver a high spirited, enthusiastic effort to have any chance against the Colts on Sunday.

The Dolphins really had little chance to win that game (what with Ronnie Brown going down and having lost Pennington earlier in the season). The Dolphins showed tremendous grit and character for a team with average talent. The Panthers were listless, punchless. Sound familiar ?

The point: Our team is talented on both sides of the ball but is not playing consistently, relentlessly with a sense of urgency week in-week out. We saw a sample of it two weeks ago against Denver.

Bottom Line: If we do that for entire 60 minutes Sunday, we have a chance to be competetive. If not, we are toast and will be blown out.

As Harbs said, we will know about this team (and its character) the next 3 games. To me, we will know this Sunday.

I am not sure if I agree with you saying "the Dolphins really had little chance to win that game," the Panthers are really not a good team. Both teams are very average and of the same talent level. However, I do agree with your assessment of Sunday's game. We need to play penalty-free football, that is the big thing.

I am not sure if I agree with you saying "the Dolphins really had little chance to win that game," the Panthers are really not a good team. Both teams are very average and of the same talent level. However, I do agree with your assessment of Sunday's game. We need to play penalty-free football, that is the big thing.

Tend to agree with you about Panthers (being weak) but the Dolphins just came off a hugely dissapointing loss to Pats, then lost Ronnie Brown. They had every reason to lay an egg at Carolina.

Instead, they played with tremendous resolve, passion and urgency- qualities that have been missing from the 09 Ravens (at least the last month (sans Broncos game).

Thats the point. We need to start punching opponents in the mouth and

not let up !!!!!

Tend to agree with you about Panthers (being weak) but the Dolphins just came off a hugely dissapointing loss to Pats, then lost Ronnie Brown. They had every reason to lay an egg at Carolina.

Instead, they played with tremendous resolve, passion and urgency- qualities that have been missing from the 09 Ravens (at least the last month (sans Broncos game).

Thats the point. We need to start punching opponents in the mouth and

not let up !!!!!

My point is that the Panthers are a lot worse than the Colts. Do you really think the Dolphins would have beat a team like the Colts last night? I don't.