ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Fabian Washington Likely Out for the Season

OutsideRzAcE

Looks like all the Webb-ites will be placated

F.Washington expected to miss the remainder of season with torn ACL

The Ravens suffered their second major injury of the season as cornerback Fabian Washington is expected to sit out the rest of the season with a torn anterior cruciate ligament in his left knee.

Washington suffered the injury during the fourth quarter of the team's 17-15 loss to the Indianapolis Colts when he lowered his shoulder in an attempt to force running back Joseph Addai out of bounds. Washington appeared to land on his left leg awkwardly and had to be carried off the field.

Washington, who was using crutches after the game, is scheduled to undergo a magnetic resonance imaging exam sometime today, but the Ravens are preparing for the worst.

"It looks like he has an ACL tear," coach John Harbaugh said during his weekly news conference. "We’ll find out later today. Maybe the MRI will come back and tell us something different, but as of right now, we’re proceeding as if he’ll be done for the season."

Click for more

That is unfortunate to hear, Fabian is a good guy who gives 100% every game. He really put a lot of effort into getting better against the run these past few weeks. I hope he gets well soon! As far as the team goes, Fabian has been probably our worst defensive back this season. Ladarius Webb has been playing very well, lets see what he can do starting!

I don't think Fabian has been our worst d-back this season (I would give that distinction to Carr), but I agree with your general point that Webb may end up playing better. This stinks for our depth though, as now Carr or Walker will now be our nickel. Carr played so poorly in that roll earlier this season that he lost it to Webb and Walker has had so much trouble this season that we weren't even dressing him.

I think Walker has more potential than Carr. As far as I can remember, Walker didn't have this PI problem last season, and if he can revert to the form he had last season, he will probably do better at pass breakups than any of our other corners. We also shouldn't forget that some of these interference calls this season were completely fabricated by the refs.

And I think Carr migth be a Pittsburgh killer.. two games to win. The first win in 2006 he was kind of matchwinner with more than 200 return yds.. + 100 in kr/pr and then a nice 100 yds interception. His last win last year well it was with less involvement from his side but hardly needed that day.

As for Webb as CB, maybe but close race between him and Carr and probably Walker too.