ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

With the 17th pick of the 2014 NFL Draft, The Baltimore Ravens select

cravnravn

Re: the Oher clip -- seems to me that he was leading the DB and Pierce was supposed to cut in. It's not Oher getting pushed back so much as taking 3 steps back before engaging. I am not a technique guy nor a schemes guy - at least not much above average - but that seems to me that it wasn't Oher's job to push up. (Now, did he get it wrong? Did he simply fail? Did Pierce get it wrong? I dunno).

Re; the draft. If we're totally honest, with the 17th pick in the draft, the Ravens trade to the ... Pats? Browns? Vikings? who cares, name a team ... for several later picks. Ozzie has been opting out a bit more than I'd like recently. In fact, we've traded our first rounder in 2 of the last four years and attempted to do it in 2011 but failed (remember that debacle?)

By the way - watching the Oher clip on repeat, can we notice how horrid that play was in sum? Half the line gets beat. Marlon Brown gets beat. Even if Oher makes that block, the DBs on the outside had it read and were in position. If he cut back in, the entire inside blocking line is destroyed.

Makes me think a lot more about the report that the Pats players were calling our plays back to us at the line.

By the way - watching the Oher clip on repeat, can we notice how horrid that play was in sum? Half the line gets beat. Marlon Brown gets beat. Even if Oher makes that block, the DBs on the outside had it read and were in position. If he cut back in, the entire inside blocking line is destroyed.

Makes me think a lot more about the report that the Pats players were calling our plays back to us at the line.

The lack of ability to block by the receivers has been another reason the running game didn't work. as far as the Pats, it was pretty easy to determine what play was goning to be run. Almost every time the Ravens started off a game with a pass, the very next play was a run up the middle to the left of center. When ever Joe used the audible; "Alaska" and patted his behind, it was a change to a run so long as the runningback was a step behind Joe. If even or infront, it was a fake audible and would be a pass.

From there, the secondary just had to read the receivers to know what route they were going to run. Most times, teams just had to rush four to get pressure on Flacco, leaving seven in coverage, easy to stop when the qb has to throw within 2.5 seconds, and why the dumpoffs didn't work; too many players close to the los.

What the KC line work, they run very similar plays the Ravens do, but because their line is athletic, they have greater success. Because they have a speedy quick receiver to go along with a true speed receiver, players get open, wide open.... Rarely seen for the Ravens even though they have two of the fastest receivers in the league.