ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Bret Hart

83eh01

The best there is, the best there was, and the best there ever will be

It will be nice to see him again as the guest host.

Well, Hogan and TNA wanted to challenge Vince. With Bret as the host, Vince probably wins round one. I'm going to switch between both, but to WWE just to see Bret.

• 2 weeks later...

Saw 'The Wrestler' last night, wow that was depressing stuff. Mickey Rourke has had his share of those I guess (Bullet, for instance) but really all my youthful thoughts about wrestling were confirmed in that flik, inlcuding the whole 'razor blade in the wrist' thing, backroom battle-scene orchestrations, steroids, and how inglorious any comeback can be. Good movie nonetheless, gratuitous fleshy scenes aside...

I was never a fan of Bret Hart until I read his book "Hitman". What a great read that was. I now can't look at Shawn Michaels or Triple H in the same way ever again. Shawn is a little bitch and now I see elements of what Bret Hart said in his book every time I see Shawn perform in the WWE.

I was never a fan of Bret Hart until I read his book "Hitman". What a great read that was. I now can't look at Shawn Michaels or Triple H in the same way ever again. Shawn is a little bitch and now I see elements of what Bret Hart said in his book every time I see Shawn perform in the WWE.

What did Bret have to say about Michaels? Michaels and HHH are by far my favorite wrestlers of all-time. I still listen to HHH's theme music on my iPod.

Basically Shawn Michaels wouldn't drop the title to the Hitman in whatever storyline they had going at the time. Shawn and Triple H basically were telling McMahon how to run WWE at the time. McMahon told Hitman he should take WCW's offer because the WWE couldn't afford him anymore but he had to lose the title before he left to Shawn Michaels who Bret hated in "real life". McMahon wanted Bret to drop the title to Michaels in Montreal and Bret didn't want to do it in front of his home fans so he asked McMahon if he could forfeit the title the next night on Raw or drop the title to Michaels a couple of weeks later. It was agreed but then came the "Montreal Screwjob"

Michaels put Bret in a Sharpshooter and McMahon forced the ref to ring the bell for a Michaels victory despite Bret not submitting. That was the last way that Bret wanted to leave WWE. Defeated by his own move in front of his own fans even though he hadn't actually submitted. This was not one of those acts put on. In his book he says he was genuinely disgusted and he hit McMahon for real back stage. He finally made up with McMahon after Bret's dad died but he was very bitter towards McMahon and Michaels for years.

Basically Shawn Michaels wouldn't drop the title to the Hitman in whatever storyline they had going at the time. Shawn and Triple H basically were telling McMahon how to run WWE at the time. McMahon told Hitman he should take WCW's offer because the WWE couldn't afford him anymore but he had to lose the title before he left to Shawn Michaels who Bret hated in "real life". McMahon wanted Bret to drop the title to Michaels in Montreal and Bret didn't want to do it in front of his home fans so he asked McMahon if he could forfeit the title the next night on Raw or drop the title to Michaels a couple of weeks later. It was agreed but then came the "Montreal Screwjob"

Michaels put Bret in a Sharpshooter and McMahon forced the ref to ring the bell for a Michaels victory despite Bret not submitting. That was the last way that Bret wanted to leave WWE. Defeated by his own move in front of his own fans even though he hadn't actually submitted. This was not one of those acts put on. In his book he says he was genuinely disgusted and he hit McMahon for real back stage. He finally made up with McMahon after Bret's dad died but he was very bitter towards McMahon and Michaels for years.

Yeah, I've heard all of that before. It's a tough business, Michaels was the money maker back in the mid-90s. I still don't care for Bret.