ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Incompletion to Rice

varaven45

Anyone catch the big time missed PI against Gary Brackett in 3rd Q. He was all freakin over Rice, grabbing his helmet, and clearly interfering with the catch. Rice never had a chance and the announcers - Dumbledorf and Gumball - could only show their man crush on Brackett. That was a potentially huge play that would have kept the drive going and perhaps might have gotten us back in the game. I just get tired of this crap.

Anyone catch this ?

Yeah. In fact, here's how bad it was: David Zurawik, the Sun's tv critic who really knows nothing about football, called the announcers on it.

Dierdorf said "well, that's one of those situations." But never furthered what kind of situation. Nor did he mention the word interference or penalty.

But when the Ravens get a questionable call against them (Ivy), Dierdorf tells us that Harbaugh is yelling "Unebelievable" because of the silly mistakes his team makes - not because of the refs.

As Z put it... the announcers had a 'theme' in their minds they were pushing: the mistakes of the Ravens vs. the greatness of the Colts.

By the way... I think it was on the Colts way to their last FG in the 2nd half, Dallas Clark totally false started, but turned his 'false start' into a 'motion' ... that's right, he went 'in motion' by taking 1/2 a step backward and toward the offensive line, all 1/2 a second before the snap. I was just chuckling.

I think that was the one were Harbaugh was stalking the officials down the sideline afterward. haha