ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Hurst vs Kruger yesterday

TBird

Kruger got his ass beat by an undrafted rookie. He did strip Joe of the ball but that was vs Yanda

on the right side. In fact, there were a lot of plays when Kruger wasn't even in the game. Ravens have future star LT/RT in Hurst. I posted this on another board.

Hurst did pretty well yesterday. I ran a thread last week that Cleve should run Kruger over Hurst with Kruger's 10 sacks but they didn't listen to me. They ran him a few times but he didn't cause any damage over Hurst, at least no sacks. Most of the time it was # 54 or someone else going vs Hurst.

There was even one play that reminded me of TP creeping up on Oher while he was blocking Harrison a few years ago during a night game. Oher was totally confused. #54 pulled a stunt on Hurst starting to rush in. HUrst moved to his left as #54 dropped back. Then the other guy tried to move around Hurst who picked him up. NIce job as Joe hit Daniels for 40 pick up.

SR caught another ball for a first down with Kruger rushing vs Hurst. On another play Kruger
started to rush in and dropped back. Pass was completed with no pressure from Kruger at all.

Kruger did most of his damage vs Yanda on the other side rushing in and stripping the ball from Joe before the half. Ball kicks around and took us out of FG range but that was the most damage Kruger did all day.

Kruger went vs Hurst early in 1st qtr. Hurst had no help whatsover most of the game. This was a running play with 10 mins left in 1st qtr. Hurst hits Kruger who's stunned but gets in on the tackle for no gain but it wasn't a solo takle by Kruger thanks to Hurst.

Another time Kruger rushed vs Hurst and was pushed past JOe.

IN the second half Kruger pushed Hurst backward but Hurst recovered in time to push Kruger
past Joe as he stepped up.

Kruger never got by HUrst for a sack. A strip but that was over Yanda on the other side. There
were different guys going vs Hurst all day. He was penetrated some but often pushed his man
passed Joe.

MOst of the pressure vs Joe came from the other side or up the middle.

There was one miscue where Hurst got beat bad and he got a holding penalty. Hell, it wasn't a holding penalty, he picked the guy up and body slammed him into the ground
to keep him from sacking Joe. ILMAO

Saved himself from being charged a sack but I betcha some coach told him to do that if he's beat-lol. D on't
let him hit Joe, ever. LOL

I see Hurst turning into a real star, same with Urschel
as the future CEnter.

Hurst didn't embarrass anyone yesterday even if it was Cleveland.

I see a lot of positives from Hurst. I have to believe that he would have been a reasonably high pick (3rd to 4th round) if he hadn't broke his leg his Senior year. Remember Wagner didn't show anything his rookie year that led us to believe he would be the 2nd highest rated pass blocking RT in the league this year. If Hurst even shows half that improvement going into his Sophmore year we go from having 1 proven player at OT in Monroe to having 3 in Monroe, Wagner and Hurst. All of a sudden our line looks set for a number of years. I expect a big year in 2015 from the O-Line as for the first time in a long time we will have continuity up front. Cohesion amongst those guys can be like signing a Pro Bowler in terms of improvement.

Right on RavenMad.

What the Ravens need, and must have right now, is for this line...with Hurst... to take up it another level and play like the 2012 unit.

For 4 games...Oher and McKinnie played great. and Birk made all the right calls and adjustments.

Does this 2014 group have it?

Edited by vmax

I see a lot of positives from Hurst. I have to believe that he would have been a reasonably high pick (3rd to 4th round) if he hadn't broke his leg his Senior year. Remember Wagner didn't show anything his rookie year that led us to believe he would be the 2nd highest rated pass blocking RT in the league this year. If Hurst even shows half that improvement going into his Sophmore year we go from having 1 proven player at OT in Monroe to having 3 in Monroe, Wagner and Hurst. All of a sudden our line looks set for a number of years. I expect a big year in 2015 from the O-Line as for the first time in a long time we will have continuity up front. Cohesion amongst those guys can be like signing a Pro Bowler in terms of improvement.

Yea, Hurst would have been a high draft pick by someone for sure had he not been injured on draft day. I think he was

injured during SR Bowl or something. As soon as the draft was over about 20 teams called him to sign him as a FA. He

chose Ravens because they were the best place he could make the team. Man, did he do his homework or what?

He not only made the team but has seen a lot of playing time for a rookie. Prob for him is, Ravens signed Monroe to big

contract but by the time it's paid off, Hurst will be more than ready to step up and Monroe could go even before the

contract expires. NOthing is guaranteed, same with Zuttah.

DeCosta said Urschel is the future Center for the Ravens. He's currently #1 backup for C and OG with Hurst #1 for Tackles.

Urschel is another gem that has played great when called on.

One thing for sure, we didn't miss Monroe or Ngata because of the depth Ozzie got in the trenches.

Right on RavenMad.

What the Ravens need, and must have right now, is for this line...with Hurst... to take up it another level and play like the 2012 unit.

For 4 games...Oher and McKinnie played great. and Birk made all the right calls and adjustments.

Does this 2014 group have it?

The line hasn't been the prob, this year, the secondary has. The o-line is much improved from last year with Wagner

stepping in for Oher. Oher was a joke and they didn't try to bring him back. Wagner has become the 2d best RT in

the game. PFF called him the best at times during the season.

Ozzie signed Zuttah who is a big upgrade over Gino but there has still been some pressure on Joe up the middle

between him and KO. Urscel had done well when filling in and will be the future Center according to DeCosta but Z

just got that big contract but the Center is still better than last year. KO is doing better than Shipley, must better

but there has been some breakdowns like in Houston and a little vs Clowns.

Monroe has been OK. I always like Fat Mac when his game was on. MOnroe has been OK but a little disappointing

at times but he was the best LT available. The o-line is still better than last year and picked up Kubes ZBS a lot

better than last year's line.

In fact, this year's Ravens offense has more yardage than the SB unit - over 5800 yds to 5700 yards and more

first downs by a few yards.

The o-line has a lot to do with that and Forsett's 1100 yard season. Last year nobody could run behind that line

and Joe was the most blitzed QB in the game most of the year. Not so this year.

The line is much better.