ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Canty's back

vmax

I guess they are looking for depth.....chemistry and vet leadership.

The Ravens created $2.66 million in cap space when they cut Canty on Feb. 27. He now becomes veteran insurance if Brent Urban and Kapron Lewis-Moore can't return from injuries or fail to establish themselves as starters.

"The opportunity presented itself a couple of days ago, so I thought about things and thought about some of the offers that I had on the open market, and Baltimore really stepped up with a solid offer," Canty said. "They wanted me back, and I wanted to be back, so it just made sense.

"It's an opportunity to compete for a championship, so I couldn't be more excited about it."

Canty, 32, never made the impact on the field that the Ravens envisioned when they signed him in 2013 after he left the New York Giants as a free agent. His 63 tackles rank 12th on the Ravens over the past two seasons, and he missed five games in 2014 -- playing only 31.6 percent of the team's snaps.

Canty, who won a Super Bowl ring with the Giants, contemplated retirement at the end of this past season.http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/12507215/chris-canty-re-signs-baltimore-ravens

they just signed Guy to a 2 year deal.

Edited by vmax