ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

So True

vmax

Preston nails it....

When the game was over, there were only two statistics that mattered more than the final score. The Ravens allowed just one sack, and quarterback Joe Flacco was hurried only two times.

That's it, folks.

When a team can contain the pass-rushing pressure of a great defensive team like the Pittsburgh Steelers, they're probably going to win. We'll hear about how the Ravens may have saved their season, and how Flacco came of age, but coach John Harbaugh should have presented game balls to offensive tackles Michael Oher, Marshal Yanda, guards Ben Grubb, Chris Chester and center Matt Birk.

Yanda and Oher pitched shutouts against two of the best pass rushing outside linebackers in the NFL in Lamarr Woodley and James Harrison. In previous games, Pittsburgh's pressure was relentless. On Sunday, it came to a crawl.

http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/ravens/bs-sp-preston-ravens-1004-20101003,0,4879490.column

I was talking to my son during the game about how well Oher and Yanda were playing. That's one hell of a game by the O line.

56510813.jpg

How smart was that hold by Oher when Harrison beat him down at the goal line. Flacco was rolling the other way but wouldn't have outrun him. I'm sure the coaches told him that if Harrison beats him and appears to be lining up for a blindside hit on Flacco to just hold rather than risk a fumble and possible 6 points the other way.