ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Wilson Hopes To Not ‘Move An Inch’

papasmurfbell

http://blogs.baltimoreravens.com/2011/03/08/wilson-hopes-to-not-move-an-inch/

Numerous free agents could have an uneasy wait if there’s a lockout.

Free agency will be postponed until there’s a new collective bargaining agreement, meaning players could have a narrow window to find a team.

Ravens cornerback Josh Wilson, who could be unrestricted under a new CBA, doesn’t seem too worried, however.

He believes there’s mutual interest between he and the Ravens to remain in Baltimore.

“I’m glad I’m in a situation where I’m in a place that I would love to come back to and a team that, from my understanding, would love to have me here,” Wilson said on “The Norris & Davis Show” on 105.7 The Fan Tuesday morning.

“It could go as easy as that.”

Aaron Wilson of National Football Post reported that the Ravens cornerback, who was acquired last season via trade from Seattle, was given a restricted tender and that both sides have had “preliminary” contract talks.

“Hopefully things [the CBA] can get figured out soon and the Ravens and my representation can work this thing out and I don’t have to move an inch,” Wilson said. “I just want things to play themselves out in the nice and easy way. I’d rather not go the hard way.”

Wilson, 25, was an integral part of Baltimore’s secondary in 2010. After serving as a reserve as he tried to learn the defense, Wilson was inserted as a starter in Week 10 and never looked back.

He recorded 36 tackles, three interceptions (including a game-winner in Houston) and a career-high 15 pass deflections during the regular season. Wilson also grabbed one more interception in the playoffs.

Foxworth is going to be a huge boost. Will Washington still be under contract?

Washington, Wilson and Carr is all FAs.

Wilson possible a RFA if they take another year with 2010 rules.

If they somehow could bring Carr and Wilson back I take it.. and good bye Fabian.

Guest BallTMore

I'm in favor of re-signing Wilson.

He got toasted a few times, but overall I thought he was solid. Especially later in the season.

Carr was our best CB, imo. Very quietly locked his side down. Wouldn't mind him coming back either.

Though, my feelings could change if we pursue a big name at corner.

It's too bad that Washington didn't work out, as his potential is through the roof. However, sometimes teams have to move on. With Foxworth, Wilson, and Webb, that's a good threesome. I would love to bring back Carr, I'm hoping he also has Wilson's mentality. Those four would be great together. I'd still draft at least one DB however, maybe.....a safety lol.

It's too bad that Washington didn't work out, as his potential is through the roof. However, sometimes teams have to move on. With Foxworth, Wilson, and Webb, that's a good threesome. I would love to bring back Carr, I'm hoping he also has Wilson's mentality. Those four would be great together. I'd still draft at least one DB however, maybe.....a safety lol.

Agreed, and CB migth finally not be a weak spot. And the lockout migth help to secure those four.

How so?

The 2010 FA rules migth very well return if 2011s FA is late and in a limited period. In that case Wilson would be a RFA.

I believe Carr is not going to demand starter salary and then I think he is one those they would like to resign, he seemed to be very positive about coming back just after the season, while Wilson and Fabian was more like so and so.

This may not be the proper thread, but I just have not been able to keep up with what is going on with the players and owners. Could someone give me an update? From what I've heard from others I've kind of gathered that the owners were being very inflexible in the beginning, they bent and put a good deal on the table, and then it was the players that became inflexible and they balked. Does that somewhat sum up the basic premise of what is going on?