ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Enjoying Pre Season Football

vmax

With the exception of 1 play, I really enjoyed watching Thursday nights game. :cool:

About 40 players, who will not make the team, were fighting for a few roster spots. They have had minimal time to showcase their talents. Watching them not quit and battle back for a win showed me how deep in talent this team is.

Don't think the Ravens are deep? Scouts from 12 NFL teams were at the game looking to improve their rosters. There will be some good finds amoung the cut players. I wish them well.

I was rooting for them and looking for the next Bart Scott, Kelly Gregg, Adelious Thomas excetera. Players who are either undrafted or late round picks that emerge from the pack and go on to have good careers. Players like McPhee, LaQuan Williams, Anthony Allen, and Ramone Harewood.

It was good seeing Kindle and Kruger pressure the QB. The Ravens need one or both of these guys to step up and make the impact they believe they can. Just one of them at full potential will make the pass rush very scary.

And let's give a round of applause to Brian Mattison! :yeah: Here's a guy fighting for his last breath to make this team. A defensive lineman who has been the Ravens center for the whole pre season. A guy who is a practice squad player and is now out of options: Either he makes the final roster or he's a gonner. Is he back up or starting center material for the NFL? Probably not. But he's definately what the organization refers to as "A Raven".

Little things....Cody, Ngata, and McKinny were bring pressure in the middle and pushing in the pocket.

Pollard smaking someone in the mouth..

8648_154470.jpg

Cary Williams making a strong argument to start.

And 1 emerging bright spot. Tyrod Taylor is beginning to really impress me. You have to take in the big picture. He's been thrown to the wolves. No OTA's or camps...rookie QB...Tight CAP space...garbage at back up QB available on the market.

Flacco had only 1 starter, Grubs, on the O line playing in the position that they will be playing opening day. It really huirt his effectiveness.

Guess what Taylor had? Guys who never played together! And receivers who have never started in an NFL game.

The Ravens need him to develop right now, today!

And he's answering the bell.

And...once again, for another year, Ravens fans have bragging rights over the Potomac Drainage Basin Indigenous Persons fans. :gorave:

"..and they were sent out into the weeping and knashing of teeth..."

th_strangelove_sm2.jpg

Edited by vmax

Max,

Had a chance to watch on tape delay. Impressed with Mattison, Cary Williams and Tyrod. Really impressed with Tandon Doss - hes a playa ! Tyrod's got the potential to be special. Wouldnt it be something if hes the next Mike Vick (on the field version). Flip side, Webb & Foxworth looked horrible, Torrey Smith didnt play as advertized and needs mucho work. :cryin:

Our OL, in its present form, scares the daylights out of me :scared: I realize its a huge work in progress what with Birk, Yanda, and his immenseness (McKinney) still missing from lineup. Harbs has 2 weeks to get this line together for Pittsburgh. Harrison, Woodley, Timmons and Polamalu must be licking their chops. Stopping those characters, keeping Jooe upright and giving him breathing room to find some rythym with Boldin, Evans, Dickson and Co is one of the biggest, if not the biggest, key to the game.

Max,

For what its worth, Tyrod is 6'1 217 lbs, Vick is shorter at 6' and 215 lbs. Just saying ...

Taylor impress's me. He's accurate. He wants to throw first and for rookies that is rare. Yea he ran...because he had to. And he runs damn well. Very athletic, intelligent and poised. He makes plays.

He certainly isn't starting material now. He hasn't played against starters, but he looks like a man amoung boys when he plays the 2's and 3's which is a very good sign.

Taylor impress's me. He's accurate. He wants to throw first and for rookies that is rare. Yea he ran...because he had to. And he runs damn well. Very athletic, intelligent and poised. He makes plays.

He certainly isn't starting material now. He hasn't played against starters, but he looks like a man amoung boys when he plays the 2's and 3's which is a very good sign.

Yep. It will be interesting what clipboard holding QB vet we bring in, if at all ?