ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Why no Ray in Atlanta?

pumpkinhead

I've noticed that Ray Lewis does not seem to make the trip to Atlanta whenever we play them in the pre season. At least, he is not on the sidelines.

In 2009, he did not appear on the sidelines during the pre season either (also the 4th and last exhibition game), which at the time I thought odd considering Harbaughs' emphasis in 2008 on breaking down the A team and B team philosophy that existed under Billick.

In addition the media seems to not notice, or most likely, not mention this fact.

I can entertain a number of plausible reasons for Lewis choosing not to go to Atlanta, the double murder (and associated painful memories) being the most obvious and logical one.

Any thoughts or insights from any forum members on this phenomenon?

P.s. we have a good team this year, they look hot on D.

lol @ Steel. Seems like bad stuff always goes down in Atlanta.

Interesting observation. You can't help but think the double murder allegation is the reason. Bad memories or maybe even harrassment from the family and friends could be reasons. Or maybe it's just a coincidence and he is tending to his aunt again.

lol @ Steel. Seems like bad stuff always goes down in Atlanta.

Interesting observation. You can't help but think the double murder allegation is the reason. Bad memories or maybe even harrassment from the family and friends could be reasons. Or maybe it's just a coincidence and he is tending to his aunt again.

I also thought it might be Lewis being afraid to go back because of threats made against his person. That also might explain why the media tries to ignore it instead of commenting on it.

But I wonder who would be threatening him. The gang his posse fought with (OH10) were from Ohio (Akron?) if I remember correctly and I think the two murdered young men (Richard Lollar and Jacinth Baker?) were from there as well but moved to Atlanta (Decatur?) and were living there at the time of the deadly fight.

If someone is threatening him, it is probably their (Lollar and Baker's) associates who still live there.

I thought in 09 it might be a coincidence, but now it looks more like a pattern.

I wonder what happened to the killers of Baker and Lollar, Reginald Oakley and Joseph Sweeting.

In any event, I can understand why Lewis would not be there, odd that the media tries to ignore it though.