ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Who cracks first?

vmax

That's how I see what this Ravens/Titans game will come down to.

Who cracks first?

Who makes the costly mistake or turnover? Which teams wears out physically and mentally first?

I see it comming down to the 4th quarter. Just like the Jan. 2001 playoff game.

The Titans have an excellent defense and they are a very stingy #2 in points allowed.

Both teams are physical and rely on pounding the rock. Something's got to give. It will be a war of wills and attrition. If the Ravens are to win, then they will have to beat and beat on the Titans until their offense or defense cracks in the 4th quarter.

This will be a full 60 minute game with every second being important.

I think if the Ravens pull out a win, then they will go to the Super Bowl...just like they did in their Super Bowl playoff run.

It could come down to a moment and play like this...

44283145.jpg

Edited by vmax

I really hate to say this but the Ravens will crack.

Not having a week off and playing in that heat in Miami I think will do them in at this point. You are going to see that little pass that Miami was throwing to Cobb a lot, get him out there and you have to come out and get him. They are going to run one way then the other.

I really hate to say this but the Ravens will crack.

Not having a week off and playing in that heat in Miami I think will do them in at this point. You are going to see that little pass that Miami was throwing to Cobb a lot, get him out there and you have to come out and get him. They are going to run one way then the other.

A week off sure would help as far as healing from the many injuries.

But....They didn't have a week off when they played in Jan 2001.

The advantage of the Wild Card there is confidence comming off a win, momentum, nothing to lose, the Ravens will play faster for the first quarter or two...that week off will leave some Titan rust. The game tempo wratches up a notch in the playoffs and the Titans haven't tasted that yet.

The Titans did get shut out their last game (lost 2 out of the last 3)...so they are not on a roll.

BTW...the Titans are another team that "came out of the blue". I don't think anybody expected them to win their division....schedule was reletively soft also.

I'll agree with max, sometimes that bye week can have a reverse effect. The Titans have to be especially careful because they rested their starters in Week 17, so they have not played a game in two weeks. This happened to the Colts against the Steelers in '05, and the Colts came out very sluggish. I will say this, if the Titans do come out sluggish, we need to take advantage by converting early redzone opportunities into touchdowns. We cannot keep a team like the Titans lingering around.

I would like it for Fisher to hate the Ravens even more walking out of there with a win, I would go piss all over the field too. Ray isn't that Ray.

This is going to be a very long game, even if the Titans get down by 7, they will run the ball and run the ball and find Johnson on the right side.