ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Kelly Gregg

RavensNest8483

I have heard rumors that Gregg's injury is very serious as well, possibly career-ending. However, I do not know for sure. I bet we will hear something after the season's end. If it is career-ending, Justin Bannan has done a great job at playing the Kelly Gregg-role, and should be able to continue to do so. Also, the emergence of Brandon McKinney has been very encouraging as well. Brandon is not a Gregg-like player, but pair the 6'2" 324-pound McKinney with the 6'4" 345-pound Haloti Ngata, and that is a lot of beef up the middle which should allow any middle linebacker to run around untouched and make tackles. McKinney definitely has starter potential.

I certainly hope it isn't. Kelly was the unsung hero on this defense for a few years and was just about to finally get the recognition he deserved when this injury hit him. Like you said, we have capable replacements, but Kelly would manage to lead all DT's in tackles every year, and he was vastly underrated.