ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Mighty Ray Rice

vmax

He's my 2011 Raven MVP.

Ravens_Bengals_Football_99595_team.jpg

Give him the ball and the touches and the Ravens win.

Over 1,300 yards rushing...over 700 yards receiving...and..

A Team Record 15 TD's for the season.

"Run Ray!!!!"

APTOPIX_Ravens_Bengals_Football_99706_team.jpg

Did you see those crushing blocks by Leach!

Forgot...

Ray finishes the season leading the league in total yards from scrimage with 2,068.

Ravens_Bengals_Football_99638_team.jpg

He earned a paltry $550,000...best bargan in the NFL.

Love Ray, of course. And 100% agree that he's our MVP.

I think his performance in the last few games proved that 20 touches is not the same as 20 rushes. I want 20 rushes. And I still want him to get 5 or so receptions, as necessary, but putting the ball on the ground matters more than just putting the ball in his hands.

Love Ray, of course. And 100% agree that he's our MVP.

I think his performance in the last few games proved that 20 touches is not the same as 20 rushes. I want 20 rushes. And I still want him to get 5 or so receptions, as necessary, but putting the ball on the ground matters more than just putting the ball in his hands.

Good point dc on touches vs rushes.

By continuing to feed Ray rushes, it set up the 51 yarder that broke the Bengals back.

Rushing keeps the defense honest. It crowds the box and sets up the play action that Joe is good at. It also really helps this Ravens O line who are road graders and not pass protectors. They can wear down a D and their pass rushing capabilities. They want to deal out punishment. Not take it.

When the running game works it burns clock, moves the chains and keeps potent offenses off the field...huge this time of year.

Yesterday was a great example of the need for a running game this time of year. Sloppy, windy, wet and cold.

Cam stuck with it and avoided the costly turnover...also huge. The Bengals only made 1 turnover and it cost them dearly. 3 plays later Rice was off to the races. It killed their momentum. Dagger.