ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Washed Up Ward Will Take Pay Cut

vmax

All that's missing from this is seeing him on his knees begging...

Obviously, I was a starter, and then it went the way it did,” Ward said. “That's fine, I don't have a problem with not starting. But I want to play, I want to try to win another Super Bowl. I want to do it for this organization. I want to help this team out. I still think I can help this team, on the field, off the field with the younger guys, still be there for the team. I'm willing to do all that."

And if the Steelers don’t want him back, well, Ward is still not planning to retire. He’ll move on somewhere else.

"I'm just looking year to year, but I do want to play next year,” Ward said. “If they decide to part ways, I'll be devastated, but life's not over. I'm still young.

"My thing is, I want to be a Steeler, I'm here, I'm willing to restructure, do whatever. I don't want to be seen in another uniform but, if they decide to part ways, or whatever, I don't know, I'm not even thinking like that. I couldn't even fathom myself [in another uniform], but I still want to play football.”

http://eye-on-football.blogs.cbssports.com/mcc/blogs/entry/22475988/34333989

He's a liability on offense....a wasted roster spot.

He'll be one of the first to get his walking papers from this old and slow team.