ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Who is your 5 favorite Nascar drivers

BengalBilly

Mine are as follows:

#1: Mark Martin. He's come close many times to winning the Championship. He's by far the cleanest driver the series. He's respected by every other driver in Nascar. He's the same age as I am. I would love nothing more to see him finally get the title he deserves.

#2: Tony Stewart. He's won the title twice and wears his emotions on his sleeves. Sometimes they slide down on his knuckles and they end up on someone's nose. He climbs fences in victory celebrations like a moderately overweight monkey. All the more reasons for me to like him.

#3: Kyle Busch: There are only two positions for this driver to finish in a race. Winner or loser. I like his attitude.

#4: Dale Earnhardt Jr. I remember him as a 12 year old kid standing by his daddy's side in the garage. He worshiped everything that man did. It's the same way I respected my father. Neither are with us in body now. I can understand how he feels.

#5: Jeff Gordon. Five titles says a lot. His ability to drive an ill handling car says more.

Earnhardt Jr. The only driver who comes even close is Michael Waltrip, simply because he's such a damn nice guy.

I was 12 when Earnhardt died, and had already become a fan of Jr. in the Busch Series a few years before (I had a Pinewood Derby car and a go-kart both with Jr.'s ACDelco paint scheme).

My dad was never an Orioles fan, so when the Colts left town, he picked up NASCAR and the Capitals, and NASCAR is what stuck in our family. He was a pretty hardcore Earnhardt fan, and I was growing into one before he died. As you can see, though, the transition to Junior was flawless.

When Jr. struggles or wrecks out, I generally stop watching, or at least care very little. I'm alright with the Childress guys, or Truex, Stewart, etc. doing well, but it doesn't interest me. It's really the same as football to me; I LOVE the Ravens, but if they aren't doing well, I hardly care what happens.

I don't think that answered your question very well. :lol:

Earnhardt Jr. The only driver who comes even close is Michael Waltrip, simply because he's such a damn nice guy.

I was 12 when Earnhardt died, and had already become a fan of Jr. in the Busch Series a few years before (I had a Pinewood Derby car and a go-kart both with Jr.'s ACDelco paint scheme).

My dad was never an Orioles fan, so when the Colts left town, he picked up NASCAR and the Capitals, and NASCAR is what stuck in our family. He was a pretty hardcore Earnhardt fan, and I was growing into one before he died. As you can see, though, the transition to Junior was flawless.

When Jr. struggles or wrecks out, I generally stop watching, or at least care very little. I'm alright with the Childress guys, or Truex, Stewart, etc. doing well, but it doesn't interest me. It's really the same as football to me; I LOVE the Ravens, but if they aren't doing well, I hardly care what happens.

I don't think that answered your question very well. :lol:

Force, I knew you'd have Junior on your list. That was a given, but dude...you can't be that one dimensional! There must be at least a couple other current drivers that impress you for what ever reason.

Personally I wanted to put Juan Pablo Montoya on my list, but he came in at #6. He's a fiery ex-Formula One driver who has proven he can win in Nascar.

It pained me to omit Bill Elliot. I worshipped "Awesome Bill From Dawsonville" in the '80's. He's back and qualified well for the Daytona 500.

Another is road racer Boris Said. He came in at #8. I love this bushy headed guy! He has his own fan following with "The Said Heads". A group of people wearing Afro's mimicking Said's unique bushy style haircut.

C'mon Force...if I can throw out this many names for so many reasons, you can do better than one driver on your lame list.

I mean, yeah, there are drivers I like. Behind Junior, it's Stewart, Truex, Newman, and Bobby Labonte. But after the Ravens, I like the Bills and Panthers, but not enough worth mentioning.

I'm just a hardcore fan!

Okey dokey then.

1. Jarrett

2. Big E

3. Mark Martin

4. Tony Stewart-Love bad boys

5. Boris Said--He needs a break, dei, Roush somebody pick him up.

I should have been more specific by saying active drivers John.

1. JJ

2-5. Nobody

Good thing he wins every year...

I hope you didn't hurt your shins jumping on his bandwagon. <_<

BTW, if you think you know your Nascar, join the league.

I hope you didn't hurt your shins jumping on his bandwagon. <_<

BTW, if you think you know your Nascar, join the league.

JJ won the first race I ever went to (Daytona 500, 2006), making him my 'hometown driver' as far as I was concerned. The fact that he has won 3 championships in a row after that just made it easier. Every year I watch 100,000 Earnhardt fans invade my city, most of whom rooted for his father before him. Why did they root for Dale Earnhardt Sr.? Because he was the best. There aren't very many "good" reasons to root for drivers... you just pick one, and go with it. There are far worse reasons for fanship than rooting for the best driver. JJ is the best driver, with the best crew. And I'll be rooting for him this weekend, front and center.