ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Os Shutout

Thats right, by California relief man, journeyman, spot starter with a > 7 ERA.

Brad Mills ? Are you kidding me ?

I think our offense just hit an all time low. We are going to need more than Markakis (when he returns).

If the FO is really, really, really serious about winning, you have to make some kind of move to shore up the O.

Something.

The Angels are an awesome organization. They are really the model of how a team should be run: They have a single, concise ideology of how their players should be coached through all levels of the organization; they draft well, they sign international players, and they make big, but smart, splashes in free agency. That team is stacked this year and I bet they will be in the ALCS against Texas.

They also sit in the 2nd biggest market in th eUS.

That really hasn't helped the Mets any... Haha JK

Anyways, my point is that the Angels are a model of how you want to run your minor league organizations. We might not be able to make the splashes in free agency or the international market (although the money we have dished out to old, questionable talent makes me question that) they do, but we could take notes on how they run their minors. I don't think the Angels would have "ruined" Matusz, Tillman, or Arrieta like we have.

Hey you have to be smart too. It doesn't hurt to have lots of cash on hand.

Doesn't hurt at all, but cash does not sound like a problem at all to the O's. Our payroll is typically in the top half of the league around $80M. Could you imagine what Billy Beane would do with $80M? We gave old as dirt players Vlad Guerrero and Derrek Lee a combined $12M last year (and the list goes on and on with such players). Do you know how top prospects that could have signed in the DR? Oh yeah, the O's are also in the top five the past five years in the whole league on money spent in the draft. I am still waiting on us to develop a star player...

I think the real problem is asset allocation and coaching as opposed to spending cash. We spend the cash, just not smart.

(By the way, I don't mean to sound as if I am arguing with you, I am just moreso venting my frustration with the O's :yeah: )

They got shut out by a journeyman relief pitcher who wouldn't make most teams roster. Having said that , is the FO going to be a player or watch us slide in AL East ?

As Morgan Freeman said in Shawshank Redemption, " get busy living or get busy dying". It will be one or the other for this team. For about the last 15 years it's been the latter. What's it going to be now ?