ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

A lot goes into the loss

vmax

It wasn't one play.

The Ravens gave up 27 points and only scored 21.

Bottom line.

Turnovers...costly INT and fumble.

Penalties...costly penalties. Even Harbaugh made one.

Missed tackles, dropped balls...

A lot went into this loss.

And with all that, the Ravens almost pulled out a last second win.

Guest BallTMore

I was pretty pissed at halftime. Now that the game is over I actually feel better. We played pretty poorly and still could have won this game...on the road...in New England. Can't hang your head too much.

We'll get back on track next week against Cincinnati. Guarantee it.

I'm glad to see Harbaugh show emotion, but he hurt the team. It was only one time, but that behavior can lead to undisciplined players on the field. Next thing you know, we'll have players throwing referee flags into the stands. Keep the passion ,Coach, but know when to back down.

It wasn't one play.

The Ravens gave up 27 points and only scored 21.

Bottom line.

Turnovers...costly INT and fumble.

Penalties...costly penalties. Even Harbaugh made one.

Missed tackles, dropped balls...

A lot went into this loss.

And with all that, the Ravens almost pulled out a last second win.

Max, I understand that the Ravens at time shot themselves in the foot. But you have to understand when two great teams collide in a close game, each team will make mistakes and each team will make plays. Did we miss tackles? Yes. Did Flacco throw and INT? Yes. Did coverage break down at times? Of course. The Pats are a darn good team and they are going to win their share of mismatches during the course of a game, as we did. They missed tackles, they had fumbles, they had costly penalties (not as much as us, but nonetheless). It is just the nature of a big matchup. If we played a mistake free game we would have blown them out, the same could be said for the Pats. That is just not how football works.

What I take away from this game is that we have a team that can matchup with any team in the league and plays up to the level of competition. We also have a QB who can WIN games (not play to just "not lose") and is a guy who you WANT to have the ball in his hands with 2 minutes left. I understand you attention to the mistakes, but someone had to lose this game and today it was us. It is just disappointing that we lost on a play where our guy dropped the ball as opposed to the defense making a play to win it. The bottom line is that we are an elite team in the class of the Pats, Colts, and whoever else.

Oh yeah, did I mention this was a road game in one of the toughest places to play in the NFL? Sign this team up for games in January!

Guest BallTMore
The bottom line is that we are an elite team in the class of the Pats, Colts, and whoever else.

I feel the same way. We can play with and beat anyone in this league. We had our chance today, but didn't execute. It's week four, we're 3-1. Cincinnati is coming here next week and I honestly feel we're going to slap them around.

Well said cleetz.

For me...the Ravens are not at this level until they win games like this.

There's a monkey on their back called the Colts, Pats and Steelers.

Until they beat them, the monkey stays.

That's what this season is about for me.

Can the 2009 Baltimore Ravens take that next step up and beat the elite.

I believe they can.

All todays game shows is that they are damn close.

I'm going to pile on and agree w/ everyone, we beat ourselves today. And while I didn't think the refs had a bad game it just felt like every close call and challenge went New England's way. I still don't think Faulk made the catch Harbaugh challenged late in the game.

With that said, if Clayton makes the catch on 4th down I think we're talking about being 4-0 right now.