ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Unsung Ravens Coach

vmax

I read this quote and thought this mighty man deserves some praise...

Cameron reiterated that he only communicates with quarterbacks coach Hue Jackson in the booth, not consultant Al Saunders. “Hue Jackson is the guy I’m laying it on during the game, and he’s one of the best I’ve ever been around,” Cameron said.

http://www.carrollcountytimes.com/articles/2009/10/09/sports/3_ravens_notebook.txt

Hue is the man behind the scenes who is instramental in the development of Joe Flacco. He's done one hell of a great job.

From 2004 to 2006 he was the Bengals WR coach and turned Chad Ochocinco and T.J. Houshmandzadeh into one of the best WR tandems in the league.

He knows the passing game inside and out.

This Ravens coaching staff is stacked.

Hue was the unsung hero last year as well. Quite simply, the guy should be an OC somewhere in this league. He is very talented and intelligent. Hue got screwed over by Bobby Petrino quitting on the Falcons. He never got a chance to call the plays as an OC with Petrino, then Petrino left him a team to call the plays for midway through the season with Chris Redman as the QB (and Jackson did a solid job as well). Jackson will get his chance again.

Do not forget about Jim Hostler either, he has done a great job coaching the receivers. Remember, Hostler had the billing as a QB coach while Jackson was a WR coach, both guys work together interchangeably between the positions very well. Like max said, we are a stacked coaching staff.