ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

That's two weeks in a row for Joe

borntodiebalmerfan

That is two weeks in row for Joe missing a wide open touchdown what is going on with him? We need to score now or we are toast.The D is killing me and the refs are not helpling by not calling a pick play on the viks second touchdown. Of course, I never plan on getting calls by the refs. Offense is very flat except for Oher. The defense needs to make something happen right now.

It hit Mason in the hands, If it hits your mands you make the catch, you are getting x amount of million dollars as a WR, how come Mason dosent dive for it, I know hes not afraid of getting a little turf burn.

The D will not help us out, we blitz, the opposition picks it up, Walker, Foxworth, Landry, Washington are the bottom of the barrel when it comes to coverage..THEY STINK! You seen what happened when we had a 1 point blitz, Ravens went all out including Reed and Washington looked like a fish out of water, and to make matters worse, not only was he draped over Rice like a 2.00 Ollies sofa cover,but Rice still makes the catch.

That is two weeks in row for Joe missing a wide open touchdown what is going on with him? We need to score now or we are toast.The D is killing me and the refs are not helpling by not calling a pick play on the viks second touchdown. Of course, I never plan on getting calls by the refs. Offense is very flat except for Oher. The defense needs to make something happen right now.

The offense is flat? Over 440 yards? Yes, we started slow because we tried to stick with the run game, but the gameplan worked. The defense eventually got tired and we started to break off some long runs, ultimately opening up the passing game.

As for Joe's missed TD to Mason, this week it was the receiver's fault. Mason looked up way too early, he should have ran through the ball to make the catch. At the very least, why didn't Mason dive for the pass? Last week the pass was Joe's fault, this week it was the receivers. All the more reason why we need a big deep threat.

Mason also put a hitch in his step 15 yards in front of where the pass would have dropped... I don't think he knew it was coming and thought the play was ending. Silly thing, but it cost us.

Meanwhile, what was the result of that drive? I feel like we eventually scored anyway, or am I mixed up and that was earlier in the game?

Personally... I think the offense looked flat for the first two quarters as well. I our late success was part game plan and part adjustments. It just took Cameron so long to get to those adjustments. We've got to find a way to start hot again... like we did in some earlier games. If we can start hot, we can score 40 on anyone.

Meanwhile... had to laugh at Jared Allen saying the game wasn't a meltdown for the Vikings because they won. Sorry, JA... you went from winning by 17 to losing by 1. That's a meltdown. Even if your offense saved your ass. Even if Hauschka's miss saved your ass.

Mason also put a hitch in his step 15 yards in front of where the pass would have dropped... I don't think he knew it was coming and thought the play was ending. Silly thing, but it cost us.

Meanwhile, what was the result of that drive? I feel like we eventually scored anyway, or am I mixed up and that was earlier in the game?

Personally... I think the offense looked flat for the first two quarters as well. I our late success was part game plan and part adjustments. It just took Cameron so long to get to those adjustments. We've got to find a way to start hot again... like we did in some earlier games. If we can start hot, we can score 40 on anyone.

Meanwhile... had to laugh at Jared Allen saying the game wasn't a meltdown for the Vikings because they won. Sorry, JA... you went from winning by 17 to losing by 1. That's a meltdown. Even if your offense saved your ass. Even if Hauschka's miss saved your ass.

That was the second drive of the game, it was a three-and-out. That play was on second down after a no gain run on first down. The offense was flat simply because the run game was not working. Everyone was clamoring after the Pats game to run the ball, well we had less than ten yards rushing in the first half. Do not forget that Flacco had 143 yards passing in the first half. If you decide to run the ball, especially against a run defense like the Vikings, you have to take the risk that your offense could face multiple third-and-long situations if the run game falters.

Indeed, cleetz.

I certainly do want this team to run the ball more. Again, I'm not sure why we shouldn't be able to - last year we ran on everyone with the same three backs (though with different splits).

But you're right... if you put the ball on the ground against one of the league's best rush defenses... you're going to get in trouble when it doesn't work. Meanwhile, that doesn't mean we didn't run too little in NE, especially when it was working.

Indeed, cleetz.

I certainly do want this team to run the ball more. Again, I'm not sure why we shouldn't be able to - last year we ran on everyone with the same three backs (though with different splits).

But you're right... if you put the ball on the ground against one of the league's best rush defenses... you're going to get in trouble when it doesn't work. Meanwhile, that doesn't mean we didn't run too little in NE, especially when it was working.

I agree with you on the New England statement. What I was referencing was the discontent from the fans saying how bad the offense looked in the first half when these were the same fans who were clamoring to run the ball when our offense was successful passing the ball against New England. Basically what I am saying is that running the ball does not always solve all the problems and fans need to understand the risks of an over-reliance on the run (we should know this after ten years with Billick). Sometimes it is the pass that opens up the running attack (especially with how this offense has performed this season), not vice-versa.