ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Today
  2. Yesterday
  3. I’m thinking he doesn’t want to throw his qb under the bus.
  4. Yeah, pretty good stuff. I would have liked to heard an answer from Todd on why they ditched the run in the Championship game even outside the redzone, especially as to who was calling the plays most of the time.
  5. Good find, Grubber. Looks like another area that needs improvement.
  6. Back in the day, I was part of an interview with Matt Katula, Ravens long snapper for a few years. He was considered at the time, the best in accuracy and speed back to the punter/holder coming out of college. Now me being a former long snapper on special teams, I was pumped to interview him. I asked what was the hardest part, as being #1, coming into the NFL for him. This interview was during training camp that year. He said, short version, the types of strengthening to get more speed on his snaps. Ott clearly has a ways to go if he beats out Moore, should be interesting
  7. Just saw this on reddit and Ott is near the bottom https://new.reddit.com/r/nfl/comments/1clb821/pff_2023_regular_season_long_snapping_grades/
  8. The stars aligned for Devin Leary and Deion Jennings. Less than an hour after Leary, a quarterback, finished his phone call late last month with the Ravens in which he was told he’d be selected with the 218th pick in the NFL draft last month, he was able to share his proudest moment with one of his best friends, Jennings. “We were already having people over and then my dad got a call from his dad asking if we had room for more,” Leary, the former University of Kentucky star, said. “The next thing you know, Deion’s people were here and everyone was celebrating. We’re both going to Baltimore.” Jennings, Leary’s childhood friend and high school teammate, reached a deal of his own with the Ravens, signing as an undrafted free agent out of Rutgers. “It’s crazy because when I first saw where Devin got drafted, I was like, ‘Oh, that’s a good look for him,'” the inside linebacker said. “Next thing you know, I’m in Baltimore myself in a great situation with this great organization.” What started as a bond between 10-year-olds with the same dreams and relentless drive has blossomed through the years. College sent them on separate paths, but they’re reunited in Baltimore, starting their NFL careers at rookie minicamp and eager to stand out and take advantage of the opportunity they’ve worked so hard for. “It doesn’t matter at this point where you’re picked or how you got here,” Leary said. “The job is to work hard every single day, earn the respect of your teammates and be genuine.” The two starred at Timber Creek Regional High School in Sicklerville, New Jersey, about 20 miles southeast of Philadelphia. Many there saw each player’s talent and potential early on and felt the homegrown stars could develop into something special. “When they got to me, they were already on a youth football team that was putting up 60 points in eighth grade,” said Robert Hinson, who coached Timber Creek before eventually joining Jennings at Rutgers as a player personnel assistant. “They came in humble, waited their turn, and when they got their shot, they both led our program to great heights together.” Leary, who became a two-time New Jersey Gatorade Player of the Year, bypassed powerhouse private schools to join Jennings and eventually former Maryland defensive back and Los Angeles Chargers fifth-round draft pick Tarheeb Still at Timber Creek, where they would reach three straight state championship games, winning two. Ravens undrafted free agent inside linebacker Deion Jennings, pictured, and quarterback Devin Leary were teammates at Timber Creek Regional High School in Sicklerville, New Jersey. (Daniel Kucin Jr./AP) Jennings and Leary not only cemented themselves as elite prospects but established a culture at Timber Creek and throughout the area, setting the standard for athletes looking to take their talents as far as they could. “What stood out about them was their character,” high school teammate and friend Derryk Sellers said. “Devin held it down on offense while Deion took charge on [defense]. They competed with each other in every little thing in practice, but then we were all like brothers 24/7, and the rest of the younger guys just followed suit. That’s the culture at TC.” Watching and supporting each other from miles away, neither Leary nor Jennings were surprised to see the other have success in college. “Devin always had an arm,” Jennings said. “It was really good to see him grow as a leader, become even more vocal and just mature into who he is now.” As both sat through years on the scout team, fighting up the depth chart and earning their stripes, they leaned on each other for motivation and friendship. “We would always have conversations and just check in on each other,” Jennings said. “Yeah, we were both off miles away playing ball, but we still wanted to check in on each other’s mental headspace.” Leary went on to NC State, where he finished sixth in school history with 6,807 career passing yards and fourth in career completion percentage as the Wolfpack’s signal caller from 2019 to 2022. “[Ravens quarterback coach] Tee Martin does an excellent job evaluating, and he thinks he’s a natural thrower,” Ravens executive vice president and general manager Eric DeCosta said after the draft. “Tee thinks he’s an accurate passer. He loves the kid. He thinks he’s got the right mentality to come in and compete and improve.” After suffering a pectoral injury, Leary postponed his NFL aspirations for a year, opting instead to enter the transfer portal and head to Kentucky, where he led the Wildcats to the Music City Bowl. “The biggest thing I want to do is just be a sponge,” Devin Leary said. (Daniel Kucin Jr./AP) What Leary remembers most from his college career was the support he received from those closest to him, including Jennings, during some of the darkest points. “Deion would call me all the time,” Leary said. “When I was really having a rough time or was just down, talking to him and some of my other Timber Creak guys would change everything. It meant the world to me.” Jennings, meanwhile, went from starting three games as a freshman to finishing as the Scarlet Knights’ leading tackler in each of his final two seasons, earning All-Big Ten honorable mention selections both years. The linebacker tied the school record with 58 career games played. “They are getting an absolute dog,” Sellers said. “He’s one of those get-after-it, nitty-gritty type of guys. He’s quiet and doesn’t say much because he’s humble as ever, but he’ll go out and get the job done.” Related Articles Baltimore Ravens | Former Ravens star Terrell Suggs indicted after allegedly threatening to kill another driver Baltimore Ravens | Ravens observations from rookie minicamp, including injury updates and small school stars with big dreams Baltimore Ravens | Former Ravens WR Odell Beckham Jr. signing with Miami Dolphins Baltimore Ravens | Ravens roster reset: Where do draft picks fit in as rookie minicamp kicks off? Baltimore Ravens | Ravens draft pick Nate Wiggins was always on the fast track, even when he wanted to be Cam Newton During rookie minicamp, both have turned their attention to learning as much as they can from fellow players, position coaches and anyone in the Ravens organization. “The biggest thing I want to do is just be a sponge,” Leary said. “Making sure that the coaches understand I’m taking precise notes, studying my film, watching extra film at night, coming in with questions and taking everything from the film room onto the field.” Leary and Jennings have each acknowledged there has been a sense of comfort knowing that in a new city, with a new organization and getting the first taste of life as a professional football player, there was someone close to them to share the experience with. With the rest of the offseason program leading into training camp this summer, the pair know that no matter where their professional careers take them, they have cherished the time they have had to start their lifelong dream side by side. “I got his back and I know he’s got mine,” Jennings said. “We’ve been doing this thing together all our lives and I know wherever we end up, it will still remain that way.” View the full article
  9. Last week
  10. Yeah like him. Dex was a 1st round talent but all the ligaments in a knee blown out is way to much with medical knowledge we have now.
  11. Not like him though, he was a first round talent before the injury.
  12. They need him to be solid. We've drafted injured guys before who haven't ever played up to their scouting reports before they were hurt.
  13. A grand jury has indicted former Ravens linebacker Terrell Suggs on two charges stemming from an incident in March in which he allegedly threatened to kill another driver and pulled out a gun at a Starbucks drive-through in Scottsdale, Arizona, according to court documents. Suggs, 41, was charged with felony disorderly conduct involving a weapon and misdemeanor intimidation. An initial pretrial conference has been scheduled for June 12 in Maricopa County with a trial date set for Sept. 19. The penalty for felony disorderly conduct involving a weapon in Arizona includes a possible prison sentence of up to three years. Suggs, who was arrested on April 9 and released from jail early the following morning, has pleaded not guilty. His attorney, Craig Penrod, did not respond immediately to messages Monday from The Baltimore Sun seeking comment. On March 10, Suggs was at a Starbucks in Scottsdale, where he lives, when, after pulling too far forward in the drive-through lane, he backed up and his black Range Rover made contact with the alleged victim’s vehicle, though no damage occurred, according to police. The man in the other vehicle approached Suggs, who also exited his car, and an argument ensued before both parties returned to their vehicles and finished placing their orders. As Suggs began to drive away, he stuck his middle finger up at the other man, according to police, and began to swear at the alleged victim, saying, “You wanna go?,” with the alleged victim replying, “F— you and go away.” Suggs then called the alleged victim a “p—- a– cracker” and said, “I’ll kill your b—- a–,” according to police. As Suggs began to drive away, he stopped his car and stuck a handgun out of the driver’s side window. He did not point it at the other man, according to police, but the alleged victim took it as a threat and wrote down Suggs’ license plate number before calling police. Suggs was stopped by detectives near his home shortly after 2:30 p.m. April 9, and a weapon was found in his car, according to police. Through a representative, Suggs issued a statement after being released from jail. Related Articles Baltimore Ravens | Ravens observations from rookie minicamp, including injury updates and small school stars with big dreams Baltimore Ravens | Former Ravens WR Odell Beckham Jr. signing with Miami Dolphins Baltimore Ravens | Ravens roster reset: Where do draft picks fit in as rookie minicamp kicks off? Baltimore Ravens | Ravens draft pick Nate Wiggins was always on the fast track, even when he wanted to be Cam Newton Baltimore Ravens | Ravens pick up fifth-year option on OLB Odafe Oweh “I was in a quiet area of Scottsdale in the middle of the day in a Starbucks drive-thru near my home when an incident happened with a vehicle behind me. I was getting coffee, I was not looking for any trouble,” Suggs said. “When the man in the other vehicle escalated the situation, I feared for my safety not knowing what his intentions were. Throughout the incident, I was the one who felt in danger, while fearing I would be followed home and for the safety of my family nearby at my residence.” Drafted 10th overall out of Arizona State by the Ravens in 2003, Suggs spent 16 of his 17 years in the NFL in Baltimore, where he was inducted into the team’s Ring of Honor in October. Suggs won two Super Bowl titles in his career, including one with the Ravens in the 2012 season, and was the NFL’s Rookie of the Year in 2003, Defensive Player of the Year in 2011, an All-Pro and seven-time Pro Bowl selection. This is not the first time Suggs has been accused of assault. In 2003, he was charged with felony aggravated assault during an argument at a basketball tournament, though he was later acquitted of the charges. Then, in 2009, Suggs’ future wife, Candace Williams, accused him of domestic violence and filed for a protective order, claiming he had hit her and spilled bleach on her and their then-1-year-old son, though she later requested the order be rescinded after they reconciled. In late 2012, Williams accused Suggs of punching her in the neck and dragging her behind his car as he drove away with their two children. Suggs was ordered to turn over seven guns, including an AK-47 assault rifle, because of a temporary protective order granted by the Baltimore County Circuit Court. Less than a month later, the couple married. She filed for divorce in 2015. Suggs spent his final season in the NFL in 2019 with the Arizona Cardinals and then the Kansas City Chiefs, winning a second Super Bowl title. He finished his career with 139 sacks, 895 tackles, 15 fumble recoveries and seven interceptions. View the full article
  14. I hear vorhees has been solid. He also was around the castle so he could soak up info.
  15. I don't watch a lot of pod casts, but this one had a portion of an interview Todd did, they used a questionnhe was asked about Lamar in the redzone. His answer was excellent https://www.youtube.com/live/RcYJs_B2kYs?si=SagCmxjPiuh-3Q3b
  16. Great question, I just hope that they get it fixed, we often overlook the long snapper, the speed and accuracy of the ball going back can mean the difference between a successful kick or a blocked one
  17. How much of special teams was due to a new comer, long snapper?
  18. Bullpen may finally be shaping up, but damn these starters are dealing.
  19. Yup...just about 7 weeks until camp. Seems like the season just ended.
  20. The days go bye bye faster the younger we get!
  21. It'll be training camp time and preseason before we know it.
  22. It was like Christmas in May in Owings Mills. That’s how Ravens coach John Harbaugh described the team’s three-day rookie minicamp, which began Friday, concludes Sunday and included meetings, weightlifting sessions and on-field work, though no live contact. It also marked the first time coaches were able to see the team’s draft picks, undrafted free agents and tryout invitees in action in their building. “It’s fun to see the guys that you’ve been talking to, interviewing, watching tape on, to see them come in and they’re Ravens and in your colors, wearing your helmet doing what they do,” Harbaugh said. Nerves among the new faces were obvious, he added, especially in meetings as well as with some players figuring out where to sit in the cafeteria, an experience akin to the first day of high school. “Football-wise, you don’t see it as much,” Harbaugh said. Though the portion of the minicamp that was open to the media included only stretching and light drills, there was some insight to be gleaned from Saturday’s session, the first of several practices in the coming weeks and months. Early impressions of CB Nate Wiggins, OL Roger Rosengarten While many of the rookies on hand for minicamp won’t be on the roster by the end of training camp, the Ravens’ first two draft picks certainly will, and both will be expected to be significant contributors right away. What were Harbaugh’s early impressions of Wiggins, taken 30th overall, and Rosengarten, whom they drafted in the second round? “Nate looked good,” Harbaugh said. “As good as he looked, technique-wise, there are so many things that he needs to get better at. He’s open to that, and that’s part of that.” Ravens offensive tackle Roger Rosengarten, right, works out during Saturday’s rookie minicamp practice in Owings Mills. (Daniel Kucin Jr./AP) As for Rosengarten, who should be in the mix for the starting right tackle job, Harbaugh noted his versatility, comparing him favorably in that regard with swing tackle and veteran Patrick Mekari. “Roger is a really good athlete,” Harbaugh said. “He moves his feet really well. … I saw him in person in the [national] championship game a little bit, but that’s different. To see him in person out here moving his feet, I’m like ‘OK, he’s everything that we thought he would be athletically.’” Injury updates It took only one day, but there were a few players who were held out Saturday. Maryland safety and former River Hill High standout Beau Brade, who signed with the Ravens after somewhat surprisingly going undrafted, was in a walking boot after rolling his ankle the day before, Harbaugh said. Outside linebacker Adisa Isaac, a third-round pick out of Penn State, was also on the sideline after tweaking his hamstring a day earlier. Neither injury is expected to be serious. Running back Rasheen Ali, meanwhile, did participate but only partially and without a helmet. A fifth-round pick from Marshall, Ali suffered a torn biceps at the Senior Bowl in February. Ravens running back Rasheen Ali did not wear a helmet during Saturday’s rookie minicamp as he recovers from a torn biceps. (Daniel Kucin Jr./AP) The 5-foot-11, 206-pound back is an intriguing pick after he rushed for 1,135 yards and 15 touchdowns on 212 carries and caught 28 passes for 213 yards and another score last season for the Thundering Herd. With Keaton Mitchell still recovering from a torn ACL suffered in mid-December, Ali should see plenty of carries this summer as the third back behind newly added four-time Pro Bowl selection Derrick Henry and Justice Hill, who is in the final year of his contract. Related Articles Baltimore Ravens | Former Ravens WR Odell Beckham Jr. signing with Miami Dolphins Baltimore Ravens | Ravens roster reset: Where do draft picks fit in as rookie minicamp kicks off? Baltimore Ravens | Ravens draft pick Nate Wiggins was always on the fast track, even when he wanted to be Cam Newton Baltimore Ravens | Ravens pick up fifth-year option on OLB Odafe Oweh Baltimore Ravens | Mike Preston: Ravens, AFC North got better through NFL draft, but so did the Chiefs | COMMENTARY Ali should be “more than ready” for training camp, according to Harbaugh. One player who already is: offensive lineman Andrew Vorhees. A seventh-round pick a year ago who sat out all of last season while he recovered from a torn ACL suffered during the NFL scouting combine, the Southern California alum is expected to compete for a starting guard spot. He was also without a brace on his knee and has been declared by Harbaugh as ready to go. “He looked well-trained,” Harbaugh said of Vorhees, who was at the Ravens’ facility throughout last season. “He looks strong. He’s big, he’s strong, he’s moving his feet well.” Small schools, big dreams Among the players at rookie minicamp were four from schools at the Division II level or lower: wide receivers DeAngelo Hardy (North Central College) and Jelani Baker (Limestone), running back Chris Collier (Lock Haven) and tight end Mike Rigerman (Findlay). All are long shots to make the roster, but Hardy is perhaps the most intriguing. The 6-foot-1, 208-pound four-year starter had 4,253 receiving yards on 246 catches, including a school-record 58 touchdowns. As a senior, he caught 75 passes for 1,353 yards and 20 scores, and he ranks seventh in Division III history in career touchdown receptions and 17th in receiving yards. He also rushed for 394 yards and five touchdowns on 40 carries, returned 13 kickoffs for 520 yards and three scores and completed 3 of 3 passes for 25 yards and three touchdowns. Ravens rookie running back Chris Collier is looking to make the team as an undrafted free agent from Division II Lock Haven. (Daniel Kucin Jr./AP) Collier also put up big numbers, rushing for 1,393 yards and 12 touchdowns with 22 catches for 238 yards and another three scores in 11 games last season. He was a Division II All-American. “Great players come from every single level of college football, and it’s really how you transition to the NFL that counts,” Harbaugh said, adding that the biggest message to all the rookies was “you’re in the NFL for a reason, and don’t underestimate your ability to fulfill your dreams.” Baltimore Ravens cornerback Nate Wiggins (2) runs during an NFL Rookie Minicamp, Saturday, May 04, 2024 in Owings Mills, Md. (AP Photo/Daniel Kucin Jr.) Baltimore Ravens tight end Mike Rigerman (35) runs during an NFL Rookie Minicamp, Saturday, May 04, 2024 in Owings Mills, Md. (AP Photo/Daniel Kucin Jr.) Baltimore Ravens defensive end Tramel Walthour (94) smiles during an NFL Rookie Minicamp, Saturday, May 04, 2024 in Owings Mills, Md. (AP Photo/Daniel Kucin Jr.) Baltimore Ravens inside linebacker Deion Jennings (56) runs during an NFL Rookie Minicamp, Saturday, May 04, 2024 in Owings Mills, Md. (AP Photo/Daniel Kucin Jr.) Baltimore Ravens outside linebacker Joe Evans (48) runs during an NFL Rookie Minicamp, Saturday, May 04, 2024 in Owings Mills, Md. (AP Photo/Daniel Kucin Jr.) Ravens rookie running back Chris Collier is looking to make the team as an undrafted free agent from Division II Lock Haven. (Daniel Kucin Jr./AP) Baltimore Ravens cornerback T.J. Tampa (27) runs during an NFL Rookie Minicamp, Saturday, May 04, 2024 in Owings Mills, Md. (AP Photo/Daniel Kucin Jr.) Wide receiver DeAngelo Hardy joined the Ravens as an undrafted free agent after a standout college career at Division III North Central. (Daniel Kucin Jr./AP) Baltimore Ravens wide receiver Devontez Walker (81) runs during an NFL Rookie Minicamp, Saturday, May 04, 2024 in Owings Mills, Md. (AP Photo/Daniel Kucin Jr.) Ravens offensive tackle Roger Rosengarten, right, works out during Saturday's rookie minicamp practice in Owings Mills. (Daniel Kucin Jr./AP) Ravens running back Rasheen Ali did not wear a helmet during Saturday's rookie minicamp as he recovers from a torn biceps. (Daniel Kucin Jr./AP) Show Caption of Expand View the full article
  23. This is pretty early to have the top 2 signed. Glad they have Tampa in the fold too. Rookie camp started today, I believe.
  24. Odell Beckham Jr. was a shooting star for the Ravens, burning bright but moving quickly through Baltimore. After penning an emotional farewell on Instagram in March, he has landed in his next destination. The three-time Pro Bowl wide receiver is headed south and signing with the Miami Dolphins, a source with direct knowledge of the agreement confirmed to The Baltimore Sun. The deal is reportedly for one year and $3 million with incentives that can stretch it to $8.25 million. Last year, Beckham signed a one-year, $15 million deal with the Ravens. That move was done in part to entice Lamar Jackson into signing a long-term extension after the quarterback told the Ravens as part of his negotiations that he would like them to sign Beckham and DeAndre Hopkins, who ended up with the Tennessee Titans. Baltimore landed Beckham and Jackson signed a five-year, $260 million extension shortly thereafter. In March, the Ravens released Beckham in part as a cost-cutting measure. Baltimore restructured the 31-year-old’s contract in January, eliminating the void years, which allowed the team to designate him as a post-June 1 release. Under Beckham’s original deal, the remaining years would have voided and the Ravens would’ve taken an $11.068 million cap hit. Had they not released him by the March deadline, a $50 million place-holder salary for 2025 would have become fully guaranteed. In joining Miami, Beckham adds to what is already one of the NFL’s top offenses and fastest receiver groups with Tyreek Hill and Jaylen Waddle. But while Beckham was a transcendent and popular figure in Baltimore, his production on the field was mostly mediocre. He had just 35 catches for 565 yards in 14 games last season, and his three touchdowns marked his lowest total of any year in which he played at least 12 games. He missed two games early in the year because of an ankle injury before sitting out the regular-season finale to rest for the playoffs. Related Articles Baltimore Ravens | Ravens roster reset: Where do draft picks fit in as rookie minicamp kicks off? Baltimore Ravens | Ravens draft pick Nate Wiggins was always on the fast track, even when he wanted to be Cam Newton Baltimore Ravens | Ravens pick up fifth-year option on OLB Odafe Oweh Baltimore Ravens | Mike Preston: Ravens, AFC North got better through NFL draft, but so did the Chiefs | COMMENTARY Baltimore Ravens | Grading the Ravens and highlighting the biggest winners and losers from the NFL draft Beckham averaged just 4.4 targets and 2.5 catches per game last season, though he did post a career-high 16.1 yards per catch. The former New York Giants star also had moments of brilliance, too. In a November win over the Cincinnati Bengals, he had a season-high 116 yards on four catches. Two games later, in a showdown against his former team, the Los Angeles Rams, he had 97 yards and a touchdown, again on four receptions. And in a December tilt against Dolphins at M&T Bank Stadium with the top seed in the AFC on the line, he made a spectacular 33-yard grab at the goal line to help set up a 1-yard touchdown run that put Baltimore in front for good in an eventual 56-19 blowout win. But in the playoffs, Beckham had just four catches for 34 yards and no touchdowns in two games as the Ravens lost to the Kansas City Chiefs, 17-10, in the AFC championship game. “I absolutely love this place,” he said after the loss. “This felt like a home. It felt amazing for me. The city of Baltimore … I wanted it for the city of Baltimore more than anything. I wanted them to be able to have that moment [when] we’re all standing on the field, and ‘The Bank’ [M&T Bank Stadium] is rocking, but [we] just came up short. “If there is anything I felt about myself — regardless of anybody’s opinion or anything like that — is that I know that I can still play football, and I know that I still have [stuff] in the tank.” View the full article
  25. Good move, while he has been solid, 3 straight 1,000 yard seasons, Warren has also shown he is an excellent back. The 5th year option was set to be roughly $6mil, they want a prove it year in the new offense to see which back gets a long term deal. https://www.foxnews.com/sports/steelers-make-surprising-decision-najee-harris-future
  26. It's a good start, get em signed early from NFL DOT COM They also got a roster exemption for Ojoba, they can carry 91 players now through the summer.
  1. Load more activity