ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Thought JohnnyH was a special teams guru?

cravnravn

Our kicker sucks. Houshka "The Hack" "The Shankopotumus" is 1-3 from 40-49 yards..

Our return guys suck

Our kick coverage is a nightmare, giving Favre the average start at the 37 is unacceptable.

We are desperate putting Ed Reed, with his neck condition out there to return kicks.

I thought Webb looked good returning kicks and I'm interested to see if he can do the same with punts. At this point in time Carr has done nothing and looks worse on D. Apart from that game winner that Houshka missed I have been impressed with his kicking. How well Houshka recovers from that kick will be the tell tale sign on whether he can be the long term answer at kicker.

I agree that our kick coverage units need some work but the punt team at least looked respectable.

In fairness to Hauschka... Stover missed his first 3 from 40+ last season...

He only has 3 attempts from over 40... that's hardly a large sample size or enough to base anything on...

I don't know if we win with Stover. I don't know if Hauschka can make that kick regularly. I don't know much of anything.

All I know is that he didn't make it yesterday and he needed to. I want someone that can make that kick regularly. If Hauschka makes 12 of 12 from 40+ the rest of the way, we'll still remember this kick, but it will be hard to say he sucks.

Meanwhile, Crav... it's always the same story. You run your mouth, you have so many reasons this team should apparently never lose. If we do lose in a game like this, you've point your finger. If we lose bigger, you blame everyone. And yet you never stop to consider that the same things happen in every game we win. Maybe your predictions just fucking suck.

It's not about Harbs. I've dissed Harbs. I think he's right about the kick and punt coverage as well as our return game.

I even dissed Hauschka myself for missing that kick. It has to be made. The end.

But it's more about Crav coming on here every f'n week and refusing to actually talk football, and instead talking his bullshit "*** I'm stupid for thinking this game is easy ***" and "we're 11-3 against the NFC in the last 2.5 years" and "no way favre even has 10 yards against us"

And then? And then when we lose he comes back and thinks I want to hear his take on the problems of this team? According to Crav last last week, Thursday thru Saturday, this team had no problems. The only reason he's pointing out problems is that the team made him look bad when his predictions didn't come true.

Sorry Crav... I know it's the dick thing to say... but it bothers the shit out of me. Talk real football Thursday-Saturday every week and then maybe I'll take your opinions Sunday-Wednesday seriously.

Neither

Ravens are 11-3 vs the NFC

Minny is going to have to abandon the run, they play a cover 2 and leave the middle wide open. Flacco to Heap, should be the menu of the day. Or any other slant pattern. Minny will be playing from behind, Reed and Co better have their running shoes on.

Jared Allen is overrated.

Not quite...

Minny never abandoned the run - Peterson had more than 140 yards. And late in the game they continued to run to try and eat clock. People have called Childress a sissy for it, but it was the right call. They didn't abandon the run, they embraced it.

Flacco to Heap happened three times. I'll give you it was effective when it worked. But our bread and butter in the passing game was never over the middle in this game. In fact, we were far more successful going outside than inside.

Minny only had to play from behind once, and they killed us. I guess that's a correct prediction, that Reed & Co should be ready to run. But it had little to do with Minny trailing. It had to do with Favre exploiting us.

And Jared Allen finished with 7 tackles, a sack, four tackles for loss and a pair of QB hits outside of the sack. He was all over Flacco and Oher all day long. Hardly overrated.

What part did you get right? The only thing you almost got right was us winning. But in the end we didn't. And instead you just rambled about how everything would go right for us... but it didn't. In fact, for three quarters everything went wrong for us.

OK, Minny jumped the gun. we failed miserably on Minnys first 2 series.

Minnys 1st series started at the 37.

Minnys 2nd series started at the 45.

Now tell me, did anyone see the game starting like that?

And its a prediction dc, nothing more, nothing less..

Edited by cravnravn

Except that every week it's the same.

Again, every week before the game the Ravens are perfect. Then, when they lose, you just want to place blame - as if the team owes you for not fulfilling your prophecies.

I don't care about predictions. I've made plenty of predictions. And plenty of wrong ones. But afterwards it's rarely "I would have been right except..."

Your prediction wasn't ruined by Hauschka's missed kick. It was ruined by an awful three quarters by this team. But instead of accepting that this team, as a whole, might not be as good as you expect, you put the blame on one bit. And then in two weeks, on Thursday, I'm going to have to listen to how the Ravens wil have no problem running all over the Broncos for X, Y and Z reasons... until it doesn't happen. At which point, again, it has nothing to do with this team being less than your expectations, it apparently has only to do with individual failures.

See... and there's the exact problem.

If he hits it, to you this team is perfect and fulfilled your fantasy.

But to me, if he hits it, I'm happy we won but I know we escaped from a game we clearly should have lost... because you're right about our returns sucking and our coverage sucking, and everyone else is right about our secondary and defensive line sucking for most of the game.

A win does not eliminate those issues. A win hides them, but it doesn't eliminate them. Hauschka making that kick does not make your prediction right or glorious. It would mean you, like the team, got away with one when so many other things went wrong.

He's a young kicker, and too bad that miss had to come with :02 left. I put alot of the miss on coaching. Has Marty Schottenheimer not taught everybody that you don't get to 45 yards out and dive into the line to line up the kick? Should have tried to get 5 or 10 more yards. Putting the 45 yard game winner on a young kicker was a poor decision.

Damn shame too, team is 3-3 and about 3 plays away from 6-0.

Except for the first Q, our ST-unit did a good game, better than expected, despite missing Ayanbadeyo.

No this loss belongs not entirely to the ST, what about Masons two drops ( the one in the EZ was great off course), or Cams playcalling in the first half, Oher struggling vs Allen, Birk and Grubbs vs Williams or Mcgahees and Flaccos poor effort in the first half.. And for sure the D and especially the secondary.

Our puntunit was good, our kickoffs decent, our kickreturn decent.. something like theirs and our punt return.. we had the only important one in the game when Ray sacked Favre, and we started at theirs 33.. and Rice TD..

As for adjusting I think Rosburgh did a good job.

I can't believe your predictions aren't right every week, Crav. I follow them religiously and I can't believe you keep missing! I mean, come on, PREDICTIONS! YOU HAVE TO ALWAYS BE RIGHT!

Someone's a little more tight-cheeked than usual. Maybe you're mistaking his post-game happiness after a close win to some sort of blatant ignorant bliss, DC. No one really acts that way or thinks it's the case. It's called being happy. Let it be.

You know, when we win.