ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Jameel McClain working out with no restrictions

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/05/01/jameel-mcclain-working-out-with-no-restrictions/

While he hasn’t received full medical clearance to resume football activities, Ravens linebacker Jameel McClain said he has no restrictions after the missing the end of last season with a spinal cord contusion.

I’m doing good, I’m doing great,” McClain told Aaron Wilson of the Baltimore Sun. “I’m running around full speed, working out, lifting weights with no problems, nothing on my end. I can do everything. Everything is positive on my end.”

Asked if he was confident he’d be able to resume his career, he seemed optimistic.

“If you don’t believe in yourself, who else will?” McClain said. “Fortunately, this is a good situation for me. Everything is going the way it should.”

The Ravens are being cautiously optimistic as well.

“That will be important for him,” Harbaugh said recently of McClain getting back on the field. ”But it’s just the healing process There’s a certain type of a bruise that happens that caused his issue, but it’s going away, on schedule. We don’t know for sure, but I’m approaching it as if Jameel is going to be out there.”

The Ravens need him, after losing both starting inside linebackers Ray Lewis and Dannell Ellerbe this offseason. They drafted Arthur Brown, but knowing Rolando McClain might not be trustworthy enough to put on the field, they can’t be caught short there.

• Upvote 2

It's a shame.

Here's Jamiel doing everything he can to get back on the field to help the team and build his career. A spinal cord contusion...he's risking his long term health.

Then there Rolando who's head is somewhere else squandering his talent and career.