ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

We are a different team with Gaither

offroadr35

I've been shocked that more has not been said about the fact that the exact moment the wheels came off our team was when Gaither went down. Without him, we are a good team that can contend with anyone, but has to struggle. With him, I believe we are the best team in the NFL.

He really is phenomenal.

it just seems so obviously night and day to me. we were completely in control and on a roll until that injury. while he laid on the field we got deflated and struggled since. now we are back to where we were in the first 3.25 games (when we were at the top of everyone's power rankings) and look unstoppable again.

I'm glad you put this up offroadr and I totally agree.

I focused on Gaither and Oher today because Denver has that "great blitzing pass rush".

Not Today!

Both guys played with a nasty street fight attitude. In pass protection they attacked their man. Gaither was punching Dummyville with blows that would break my ribs. Between plays you could see the Denver defensive lineman saying "what's up with you man?" and Gaither and Oher saying "f-you."

Very physical line play that bore fruit on that game finishing 4th quarter drive....congrats to the whole line because they kept their focus and discipline against a ton of different looks and blitz's. They went where no team has gone on Denver all year.

FYI...Suggs nickname for Gaither is '6 10'.

Gaither was a big loss, but we did score 30 points 2 weeks ago in Minny without him. I know Flacco is happy he didn't have to run for his life all day, but that aside, the biggest difference today was the defense. JJ's sack on the first play set the tone, and they were pestering Orton all day. The only question for me is how did our corners play for those that saw the game live? Did they play any better than they have been or did they look good because we finally got pressure on the opposing QB? It looks to me like Fox and Fabe had a great day today but I don't want to celebrate that prematurely.

Gaither was a big loss, but we did score 30 points 2 weeks ago in Minny without him. I know Flacco is happy he didn't have to run for his life all day, but that aside, the biggest difference today was the defense. JJ's sack on the first play set the tone, and they were pestering Orton all day. The only question for me is how did our corners play for those that saw the game live? Did they play any better than they have been or did they look good because we finally got pressure on the opposing QB? It looks to me like Fox and Fabe had a great day today but I don't want to celebrate that prematurely.

The coverage was there. Hell...Marshall had only 4 catches for 24 yards. The key was as soon as a Denver receiver caugfht a ball they hit him right away....but the coverage was there.

Now...the success was a combination of pressure and coverage. Johnsons sack set the tone and Orton hurried throws when he diddn't have to....because he was getting hammered when releasing the ball. On one play I was amazed his back diodn't break the way he was whipped around.

That's a good O line Denver has so the Ravens earned their win.