ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Remember...the pads are not on...but..

vmax

Solid reports on the D...........

“With all the different guys we got on the D-line, the rotation we could possibly have up there, the new guys at linebacker and the speed we got on the defensive backs, it can be an unbelievable defense out there,” Graham said. “We see it. We definitely see it. We will continue to work as hard as we possibly can to make it happen.”

Now months later, the Ravens backfield is faster and the front seven is deeper and laden with experience and talent.

Elam picked off a pass from quarterback Joe Flaccoicon-article-link.gif both Wednesday and Thursday. His latest came with an acrobatic play off a tip. Safety Michael Hufficon-article-link.gif has been frequently around the ball.

Suggs is slimmer and feeling a new passion to regain his Defensive Player of the Year form. He’s “ecstatic” to have a Pro Bowl pass rusher in Elvis Dumervilicon-article-link.gif opposite him, which should give Baltimore a dangerous duo.

On the line, veteran Chris Cantyicon-article-link.gif is towering over everyone at 6-foot-7, and regularly knifing into the backfield. Rookie Brandon Williamsicon-article-link.gif and Marcus Spearsicon-article-link.gif are stuffing the middle. That’s not even mentioning Haloti Ngataicon-article-link.gif, who rehabbed his knee this week but is expected to be healthy by training camp.

The depth and versatility in the front seven should allow the Ravens to give opponents many different looks. Pees shuffled the unit around throughout minicamp.

“We are going to be a nice little solid front,” Suggs said, trying to be modest Wednesday. “I’m really looking forward to defense as a whole – just how special and how good we can be and really try to achieve some great things together.”

Ravens Senior Defensive Assistant Steve Spagnuolo, who coached one of the league’s best defensive fronts in New York when the Giants won the Super Bowl in 2007, has also been impressed during his short time with the team.

“I’m not as familiar with our offensive guys right now, but defensively, wow,” Spagnuolo said. “I had little visions of the Giants front that I happened to be privileged to be working with. They are good all the way around.”

Spagnuolo was asked whether he thinks this year’s defense will be better than last year’s, a notion is gaining traction with analysts.

“I don’t make predictions like that, but I will say this, and maybe it was when the guys put the real football pants on the other day,” Spaguolo said. “This is as good as looking football team that I’ve ever seen. I’m talking about physically and stout.”

http://www.baltimoreravens.com/news/article-1/Ravens-Have-Potential-For-Unbelievable-Defense/fa7e9e5e-e80f-40bf-909e-b82c58bf03e9

Ravens_Camp_Football_130698_team.jpg

What do you think Mike?

57301-04083800.jpg

The Ravens are huge and fast, a deadly combination. If they can stay healthy, they will be tough to run against, with new defensive linemen Chris Canty and Marcus Spears teaming with starters Haloti Ngata and Arthur Jones. And they have this new giant in rookie tackle Brandon Williams.

The Ravens also have two capable pass rushers in outside linebackers Terrell Suggs and Elvis Dumervil, and on Thursday defensive coordinator Dean Peas flip-flopped them to give the offense a different look.

Because of the new faces, it might take a couple of games for the Ravens to gel, but if they do, they will once again have one of the best defenses in the NFL.

Read more: http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/ravens/bs-sp-preston-ravens-column-0614-20130613,0,7795212.column#ixzz2WBHyf7Dt