ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Ozzie

dapetes

The state of this roster falls on Ozzies lap. Coachings bad this and that is BS. Ozzie has done a poor job with this team for years. And now the fans will endure a player upheavel that until now has not occured since the move from Cleveland. It will take years to fix this team and Ozzie is not the man for the job. Its time for a change. Biscotti has been silent so far. Biscotti knows what needs to be done. Steve get on with it.

It was known at the end of last season what positions needed to be filled for the 09 season. Why were those positions not filled? Will we be here in 10 talking about these same positions? Wheres the accountability fall for this oversight/failure? Are these over overreaction type questions?

It was known at the end of last season what positions needed to be filled for the 09 season. Why were those positions not filled? Will we be here in 10 talking about these same positions? Wheres the accountability fall for this oversight/failure? Are these over overreaction type questions?

Ozzie tried to fill the position. He messed up, simple as that. Foxworth and Carr were misses, Webb was a hit. The season is only half way through, I think Foxworth can improve. Fabian was solid last season, he just is horrible this season. Everyone misses sometimes. I would say Ozzie hits more than he misses.

Ozzie tried to fill the position. He messed up, simple as that. Foxworth and Carr were misses, Webb was a hit. The season is only half way through, I think Foxworth can improve. Fabian was solid last season, he just is horrible this season. Everyone misses sometimes. I would say Ozzie hits more than he misses.

Agreed. And if you look at Cincys Leon Hall he was so killed last season, by none other than Clayton. And Hall is still playing in this league.

I am not a DB expert. As for our secondary, we seems to forget that experience is a big part of it, when ever you got the starters you keep them until they are done.

I know its hard these days to find one who thinks Carr is any good, however their was a reason why we got him. I loved that move, and thought he was a good pick. Not sure how you can say he was a bad pick from Ozzie, at least no different that Leonhard last season.

Both Carr and Foxworth has more responsibilities now and Carr playing nickel in the Ravens D is probably not that easy, and when it is not working around him, not easier.

I will not say Ozzie can't fix the problem but he has to do a better job filling holes. His drafting is excellent. His Problem is the pro player side. His big money FA's tend to blow up in his face.

I agree with that, even though Ozzie has had some solid free agent pickups in Birk, Derrick Mason, Kelly Washington, and Justin Bannon. I think the root of Ozzie's problem with free agents is that he is so conservative. We do not pick up the "big money" free agents as you suggest. Like it or not, Foxworth was a market level contract for this past offseason. Instead of being aggressive and going out for proven talent, Ozzie tries to pick up guys at market level or below. Granted, our cap situation is usually tight, but when these guys do not workout it really hurts the team. Ozzie is picking up average guys in hope that they can fill critical roles (Foxworth is the obvious example). A year ago the Fabian Washington pickup looked like a brillant move, this year it looks terrible. I am not going to write off Foxworth just yet, his play has improved a little bit, but he is not a #1 corner. If we can get a legitimate #1 corner, Foxworth should be able to settle in nicely as a solid #2 corner.

I am not going to say Ozzie should be more aggressive, for getting burned with the big money free agents could set this team back a lot (Grbac and Searcy are the obvious examples), and Ozzie is so good at drafting you don't want to take draft picks out of his hands. However, when Ozzie opened up the checkbook for Derrick Mason and Samari Rolle years ago, those moves worked out nicely. This coming offseason is going to be critical for this team. If a guy like Vincent Jackson is out there, you go all out to get him. However, we are still very much in it this season, lets focus on Cleveland!

No the high priced guys have tended to do very poorly.

Bennie Anderson

Elvis Grbac

Leon Searcy

Carnell Lake

Marcus Robinson

Frank Sanders

Mike Flynn - You may say he was no a FA but we resigned him so yes he could have left. He set this team back and cost us a pretty penny doing it.

Kevin Johnson

Dale Carter

Keydrick Vincent

Steve McNair - Sry but bad trade ans signing. Yeah yeah yeah 13-3 but fell off the planet after that. He was going to be released and I think we could have signed him cheaper on the market

Willis McGahee

Frank Walker

Chris Carr

Domonique Foxworth

Dawan Landry - He was a FA. We did not need to tender him. He had great rookie yr then sucked after that.

Demetrius Williams - Always hurt and not producing. No need to tender him

L.J. Smith

Leonard was so cheap. Ozzie has had a lot of guys like him over the yrs.

When Pashos and Kemo left for those big deals that was a good thing. Let other teams waste all their resourses on crap.

No the high priced guys have tended to do very poorly.

Bennie Anderson

Elvis Grbac

Leon Searcy

Carnell Lake

Marcus Robinson

Frank Sanders

Mike Flynn - You may say he was no a FA but we resigned him so yes he could have left. He set this team back and cost us a pretty penny doing it.

Kevin Johnson

Dale Carter

Keydrick Vincent

Steve McNair - Sry but bad trade ans signing. Yeah yeah yeah 13-3 but fell off the planet after that. He was going to be released and I think we could have signed him cheaper on the market

Willis McGahee

Frank Walker

Chris Carr

Domonique Foxworth

Dawan Landry - He was a FA. We did not need to tender him. He had great rookie yr then sucked after that.

Demetrius Williams - Always hurt and not producing. No need to tender him

L.J. Smith

Leonard was so cheap. Ozzie has had a lot of guys like him over the yrs.

When Pashos and Kemo left for those big deals that was a good thing. Let other teams waste all their resourses on crap.

I think you have a different idea of what "high priced" means than I. Dale Carter, Frank Walker Chris Carr, Marcus Robinson, Frank Sanders, Kevin Johnson, Landry, Demetrius Williams, and L.J. Smith are hardly high priced. All of these guys are easily cutable with little salary cap ramifications. These are all low price, low risk signings. Guys like Foxworth, Bennie Anderson, Kedrick Vincent, and Mike Flynn signed market level, starter contracts. Yes, these were bad signings for the most part, but we were expecting these average players to fill crucial roles (the jury is still out on Foxworth). And lets face it, Flynn was not horrible, he was average and got an above average contract that quickly turned into an average contract within a year or two. His situation was not nearly as bad as everyone made it out to be. Vincent and Anderson were very poor signings.

Now, McNair, McGahee, Searcy, and Grbac are the people on that list that I would consider high priced guys. Bash McNair all you want, he still got us a 13-3 season. It is not Ozzie's fault McNair's shoulder died on him to the point where he could barely throw the ball. That was an all-in investment to win a Super Bowl in McNair's first or second year, with anything beyond that a bonus. We came close the first year, McNair just didn't hold up physically. Would McNair have been released eventually? Maybe. But we needed him in camp practicing the playbook. That extra time made a big difference.

McGahee overall was probably a miss. He played excellent his first year (Pro Bowler), was a disappointment his second year, and despite the fact he worked hard this offseason and could probably start for half of the teams in this league, he is essentially a high-priced backup. So for the most part McGahee did not pan out like we hoped, but we were not hurt by the signing either as next offseason we will be able to cut ties relatively easily. Searcy and Grbac need no explaination needed, these guys were absolute busts who killed our team and our cap.

Here is what I think the bottom line is. When Ozzie is under pressure to fill holes through free agency, and does not want or have the caproom to spend a lot of money, he has pretty much missed on signing market level guys. Ozzie has found some gems with some lower priced guys (Leonhard and Kelly Washington), but trying to sign starters (such as Foxworth, Vincent and Anderson) have not worked out very well. When it comes to big money guys, Ozzie has had his share of hits and misses. But McNair, McGahee, Rolle, and Mason all gave us solid production for some period of time.

• Upvote 1

When players suck like carr and foxworth a gm should see and realize they stink before he gets them. Our college scouts found Webb not Ozzie don't grasp at straws to enhance Ozzie it won't do any good. Lets get the Bungles GM it seems he knows what hes doing.

When players suck like carr and foxworth a gm should see and realize they stink before he gets them. Our college scouts found Webb not Ozzie don't grasp at straws to enhance Ozzie it won't do any good. Lets get the Bungles GM it seems he knows what hes doing.

Serious or silly?

Lets get the Bungles GM it seems he knows what hes doing.

It's the BENGALS, and we have no GM. All we have is a dumbass lawyer named Mike Brown. It appears even a blind squirrel can find a nut once in a while.