ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

One Winning Drive: Bring On The Colts!

ExtremeRavens

nfl_a_colts_ravens_412.jpg

The Ravens dominated the Browns and are more than ready for the undefeated Colts! Well they didn’t really dominate so much, but they did shut them out. No matter how the shutout occurred can you remember a time when the town has been less excited after a shutout? I cannot.

Are the Ravens ready for the Colts? I honestly don’t know. This season has had so many ups and downs it’s hard to figure out how the team will play on Sunday. Some weeks the offense hasn’t shown up, other weeks the defense has been terrible so it’s hard to predict the effort we will see Sunday.

Even though it was the lowly Browns the Raven’s defense did what they had to do to shut down the Browns offensively. The Browns couldn’t run or pass the ball. Does that mean they can shut down the Colts offense? Not at all, but at least they stopped the run – something they couldn’t do against the Bengals the week before.

The offense is what worries me. The Ravens scored one offensive touchdown against the Browns, a team which is in the bottom of the league in yards allowed and close to the bottom in points given up. That isn’t a good sign before a game where you know they will have to score points to stay in the game.

The Ravens will have a new kicker this week after releasing Steve Hauschka earlier this week. Hauschka seems like a nice guy but I cannot blame the team for letting him go. The season is far from over and he seemed to have no confidence in his ability. And while there was plenty of blame to go around in the Vikings game, if Hauschka makes the kick at the end of the game this whole season looks different. 6-3 would be a lot better and safer than 5-4.

All in all I don’t have a lot of confidence that the Ravens will win this game, but I have hope. I also worry that they can win one of their next three games, which I think is crucial to keep their playoff hopes alive. Again, I have hope though.

One thing I really don’t want to happen Sunday is for the game to be decided by a late kick (or miss). I’d hate to see new kicker Billy Cundiff line up to kick with the game on the line and I’d hate to see former Raven Matt Stover kick against us with the game on the line. Both scenarios would be interesting, but nerve racking!

Enjoy the game!

This entry was written by ExtremeRavens member Spen.

View the full article

This season has had so many ups and downs it’s hard to figure out how the team will play on Sunday. Some weeks the offense hasn't shown up, other weeks the defense has been terrible so it’s hard to predict the effort we will see Sunday.

...and that's what has most Ravens fans baffled Spen...the coaching staff too.

Lately the offense has been absent the first half.

I don't know what to expect either. Logic says Manning will pass for 400 yards and I'd go along with that except Vegas and media experts are respecting the Ravens this week.

Why?

I mean 5 out of 10 ESPN Wizards are on the Ravens and the Colts just dusted off the Pats and remain undefeated.

You know what's cool...I'm so baffled that I have no expectations riding on this game. I'm going to sit in my seat and enjoy a football game (instead of worrying about playoff hopes getting dashed).

Ceretainly a win will have me jumping through the roof.

As for Stover...I love him to death but I bet Harbaugh and Ozzie would love to see him choke on a game winning FG.

I don't know what to expect either. Logic says Manning will pass for 400 yards and I'd go along with that except Vegas and media experts are respecting the Ravens this week.

Why?

Because going undefeated is such a rare feat, the "experts" think the Colts could stumble this week.

I know this is Peyton against us, however if we are really going to beat them, we have to focus on our selves. Keywords has to be patient, aggressivity and disciplin. First of all win the turnover battle and even if we are going to punt more than them, and even if we are going to commit more penalties.. (am I really saying this).

Turnovers in the last 3 meetings, guess who is mentioned first, sigh.

2006, 2-4

2007, 0-5

2008, 0-5

2-14 in the turnover shit is not the way to win much. 2-4 in 2006 and 0-5 in 2007 and 2008.

Ravens and Colts last 36 drives in the meetings 2006-2008, both had 12 drives in each game, drive ended with;

Ravens mentioned first.

TD: 3-10

FG: 3-6

Punt: 11-15.. even that stat we lost.

Interception: 8-2

Fumble: 6-0.. we lost two each year. How the F.. is that possible?

Safety: 1-0

Downs and ends of game/half: 4-3

Btw the penalty stat migth surprise you. In 2006 we had 6/39 and they had 3/19.. But in the last two meetings we had only 6/48 and they had 18/166. So in 3 games we had less than 100 yds and still lost.

• Upvote 1