ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Frustration may help Ravens' run game

cravnravn

OWINGS MILLS, Md. -- Baltimore Ravens coach John Harbaugh hinted on Monday the team may look at changing the run scheme. What stood out to me was another possible change -- in attitude.

30068.jpg
Harbaugh
After being held under 37 yards rushing for the fourth time in five games, running back Ray Rice acknowledged feeling "a little frustrated." And the key part about this is Harbaugh doesn't mind.

"Frustration can be a great motivator. I like that," Harbaugh said. "Let's be frustrated. Let's go to work and see if we can get better."

A large part of running the ball is attitude. If you're trying to move 320-pound space eaters, you have to carry a ticked-off mentality to do this effectively play after play.

In watching the Ravens this season, it's legitimate to question the attitude of the linemen by how they've gotten pushed back, especially when the line got stonewalled again and again around the goal line Sunday against the Packers. You also have to question their mentality after back-to-back false start penalties on the offensive line during one third-quarter drive. All of this has resulted in 2.7 yards per carry this season, which is tied with the Jacksonville Jaguars for worst in the league.

http://espn.go.com/blog/baltimore-ravens/post/_/id/2105/frustration-may-help-ravens-run-game

I don't feel any real sense of urgency from Harbs in his remarks . As head coach, he should have been lighting up his OlL and coach a month ago. Their play is deplorable, unacceptable and embarrassing . This is the kind of situation where you need a 2013 version of Lombardi to lay into these guys and fix the damn problem, instead of this gum flapping and dribble.

My guess is that Harbs, fresh off a SB victory, has a year long mulligan., and will simply keep telling everybody they've got to work harder, etc. but knowing it won't be fully addressed until 2014 or even 2015. It stinks but it is what it is .

I don't feel any real sense of urgency from Harbs in his remarks . As head coach, he should have been lighting up his OlL and coach a month ago. Their play is deplorable, unacceptable and embarrassing . This is the kind of situation where you need a 2013 version of Lombardi to lay into these guys and fix the damn problem, instead of this gum flapping and dribble.

My guess is that Harbs, fresh off a SB victory, has a year long mulligan., and will simply keep telling everybody they've got to work harder, etc. but knowing it won't be fully addressed until 2014 or even 2015. It stinks but it is what it is .

I'll take your jersey since you're throwing it away. What's the number? As for me, I'm keeping mine.