ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Time for Revenge on these Bastards

vmax

...Keven Byrne writes...

there is some nastiness in this rivalry. You fans see it on the field in the intimidating, physical style of play employed by both teams. We see it in other ways sometimes…like at last January’s AFC Championship game.

When we arrived at Heinz Field for that title battle, we were told by our director of security, Darren Sanders, that to get on the field, we would have to have a special sticker applied to our credentials. Our coaches already had passes that allowed them on the field. Even front office folks like me, who had official credentials that gave us access to any place in the stadium, were told that we needed the extra sticker.

Odd, I thought, because, while the game was played at Heinz Field, the game was being administered by the NFL office, as all conference championships are. Maybe they were adding an extra level of security to those who have to get to the field.

Sanders dutifully placed the sticker on my official pass.

When I went to get John Harbaugh to take him to the field to tape his pre-game radio interview with Gerry Sandusky of WBAL/98 Rock, the head coach grabbed my official pass and started scratching the sticker off. “What are you doing, Coach? We have to wear those to get on the field.”

Harbaugh replied: “Have you looked at them? We’re not wearing them.”

I looked at the sticker. It had a picture of a donkey on it with the words “Good luck” underneath what the bible calls an “ass.” So, in essence, we were wearing stickers that said “Good luck ___.”

We all then took the stickers off.

As Coach Harbaugh and I approached the end of the tunnel to enter the field, a large security person stopped me, and said: “You can’t go on the field without a sticker on your pass.”

I explained bluntly that I was taking the head coach to the field for his pre-game radio interview. The security man said: “He’s not going either.” I added, “This is the Ravens’ head coach.” Harbaugh then said: “I’m going. He’s going with me. You do what you have to do.”

The security guy put his hand on my shoulder. I brushed it off and we walked to the field,...

http://www.baltimoreravens.com/News/Articles/2009/11/Byrne_Identity_-_Many_Levels_to_the_Rivalry.aspx

giveup.jpg"Fuck Them!"

Suggs, Gaither, and Buddy Lee should sit (he hasen't done a effin thing all year)And when we get up by 30, keep Flacco in since hes looked like Boller the last 5 weeks.

Be careful Crav, you might have an angry dc at your doorstep with these outlandish predictions. Roethlisberger doesn't play defense, you know. I am usually pretty confident when it comes to predicting wins, but for some reason I am still nervous about this game. I think we will win, but it will be a lot closer than most of us want it to be with Big Ben out.

Guest BallTMore
I am still nervous about this game. I think we will win, but it will be a lot closer than most of us want it to be with Big Ben out.

Same. Like I said earlier, I expect a lot of running on Pittsburgh's side, including option plays with Dixon. That won't give us much time to blow them out, unless our offense returns to early season form (unlikely against Pittsburgh, even without Lou-lou)and starts slinging the ball down the field.

I see punts and FGs for both sides.

Hope my feelings are wrong, and we do destroy them. That would make my week.

Be careful Crav, you might have an angry dc at your doorstep with these outlandish predictions.

IM SORRY BUT WE HAVENT LOOKED GOOD for the past few weeks on O, for an NFL Team not able to get a 1/2 yard with 3 cracks, come on..

And Buddy Lee is not the Buddy Lee of 2 years ago..I didnt hear his nam called last week.

and if we do get up by a decent amount, I hope Harbs does give the old timers a break. They are going to need it for that January run.