ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Stokley Ejected

dc.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4774402

Ok... so you aren't supposed to contact a referee ever. I get that. And I get that you shouldn't be in an argument with a ref in the first place, so you are kind of asking for it.

But he moves his hand into the air and inadvertently strikes the official... ON THE FINGER.

That's just like when Mike Carey and Suggs walked towards each other... and Suggs facemask hit Carey's brim.

I want to see video of the Stokley ejection... but just seems ridiculous. He touched his FINGER.

I saw it...if he touched it then it was by a hair but even a hair means instant ejection in the NFL.

Could have been what he said too.

The other Denver receiver went out with an injury so they are 2 short at WR.

I know the rule... but I've also seen players run into/over officials in attempts to get to other players (after a play/during a fight). We've all seen players scrumming with each other and a hand or fist hit an official. And yet, in many cases there are no ejections there.

It's absurd. Just like almost all officiating in the NFL.

I know the rule... but I've also seen players run into/over officials in attempts to get to other players (after a play/during a fight). We've all seen players scrumming with each other and a hand or fist hit an official. And yet, in many cases there are no ejections there.

It's absurd. Just like almost all officiating in the NFL.

There's a big fucking difference between accidentally touching an official while arguing with him, and accidentally touching an official while doing something else entirely.

I saw the replay, the ejection was legit.

As I said, I haven't seen the replay.

But to me, there's not a big difference between hitting an official (especially a brush) while arguing with them and hitting an official (hard) when trying to hit/wrestle another player. Make the rule steady and easy to enforce... just like in school, whether you meant to or not, if you hit a teacher, you're out.

"shucks, mr. official, i'm sorry i put you on your ass, i was just trying to hit haloti ngata after the play!"

"oh, well in that case, that's fine. and i won't even bother to flag you for trying hit ngata"