ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Matt Katula

faaaaaaq

What has happened to him? is he hurt? He really went south this year with his snaps, I doubt Cundiff would have hit the 50 yarder, but the snap was horrendous

Here is what Aaron Wilson had to say about him -

Following another bad snap from Matt Katula, who has been dealing with forearm, wrist and elbow problems, kicker Billy Cundiff missed a 37-yard field goal wide right on the final play of the half with Baltimore leading just 14-10.

Long snapper is too critical of a position to have a guy playing hurt. It is all about precision and consistency, put Katula on the IR. Not only is he giving bad field goal snaps, but he is giving bad punt snaps as well making Koch rush his punts (the 24-yard punt in the Pittsburgh game is inexcusable). I am sure there are numerous long snappers on the street right now. I'll take my chances that a rookie gets nervous and botches a snap over a snapper who has elbow problems and has screwed up 75% of his last snaps.

I heard Harbaughs press conference today and he said Matt is an excellent long snapper...he's making all the snaps perfectly in practice and pre game and that he will get through this. He down played any injury talk on Matt...just said he has a little stiffness.

Must be some adjustment that he needs to make during the game...during live action...I guess it's all in the head if his physical technique is so good...and he has been very good for a long time...so good we never talk or think about him.

The bad snaps have to end now or it could cost a playoff win.

On the 51 yard FG attempt, Harbs said Cundiff was making 51 yarders pre game and Harbs wanted an 11 point lead. He took the chance believing the D would stop the Raiders in the redzone...and they stopped them before they got there.