ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Ravens release Jones-sign Jackson!

tsylvester

Wow, who would have seen this coming, great move by Ozzie & Harriet......

http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/ravens/ravens-insider/bal-ravens-resign-jacoby-jones-20140312,0,5778446.story

By Jeff Zrebiec and Aaron Wilson, The Baltimore Sun

4:59 p.m. EDT, April 1, 2014

Known primarily for his game-breaking, kick-return ability, Deshawn Jackson was viewed by some as a luxury item for the Ravens who seemingly had bigger needs. But general manager Ozzie Newsome and head coach John Harbaugh didn’t quite see it that way.

His new deal, which will become official when he comes to the facility and signs the contract tomorrow, has a maximum value of $140 million if he hits all of his incentive clauses, sources said. He's guaranteed $14.5 million and he has a $12 million incentive clause based on catches.

The Ravens had talked about adding a possession wide receiver to work in the slot, which is Jackson's strength. However, with new coordinator Gary Kubiak running the offense, the Ravens are hoping to relocate their down-field passing attack, where Jackson's speed is an asset.

:cop: :bow:

We've already been April fools this morning, and I walked right into it....LOL

I think for you today is just called "Tuesday". Why should this day be any different than any other for you?

Edited by Spen
I adjusted the treble slightly