ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Thoughts on Fox Sports

papasmurfbell

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MiyvNvlsjfk

There is a lot I love about it. I really like all th eUFC coverage. Many of the shows are really good. Fox Sports Live (their SC) sometimes I am not down with. Some of them try to hard. Seems to me these guys want to be Kenny Mayne way to much. I dohave to say many of the new SC hosts try way to hard also. You will not be Olberman and Patrick so stop trying to be.

I agree, the UFC coverage is a huge positive to me. I do not have cable, but I will watch Fox UFC fights in bars or at friends' houses. Fox Sports also carries Big XII football which I feel they do a great job as any in college football. IMO they give a pro football feel to Big XII football, which I can see people either loving or hating.

Also, I feel Fox Sports is pretty ahead of the curve. I am a huge wrestling fan and they brought Jim Ross aboard as a wrestling content writer. Wrestling may be scripted, but the WWE puts up ratings bigger than NASCAR and there is a market in wrestling analysis. Other sports news providers are seeing the success of Bleacher Report and are starting to provide their own content. The Baltimore Sun actually has an excellent wrestling writer.

but the WWE puts up ratings bigger than NASCAR

Cleet, that's just simply not true. The average WWE event gets (this is quick study math mind you...I'm only averaging what I can find for 2014) about a 2.0-2.2 final TV rating, while NASCAR is trending in the 3.5 range right now with nearly twice as many average viewers, and that's considering that NASCAR is breaking records for low TV ratings performances so far this year.

I will cede, however, that NASCAR viewers are something like 93% white and lean towards the 45+ demographic. But nevertheless, WWE is not nearly as valuable a commodity as NASCAR.

I agree, the UFC coverage is a huge positive to me. I do not have cable, but I will watch Fox UFC fights in bars or at friends' houses. Fox Sports also carries Big XII football which I feel they do a great job as any in college football. IMO they give a pro football feel to Big XII football, which I can see people either loving or hating.

Also, I feel Fox Sports is pretty ahead of the curve. I am a huge wrestling fan and they brought Jim Ross aboard as a wrestling content writer. Wrestling may be scripted, but the WWE puts up ratings bigger than NASCAR and there is a market in wrestling analysis. Other sports news providers are seeing the success of Bleacher Report and are starting to provide their own content. The Baltimore Sun actually has an excellent wrestling writer.

I loved when they had Jim Ross on The Crowd Goes Wild. They did some real cool stuff with him.

Cleet, that's just simply not true. The average WWE event gets (this is quick study math mind you...I'm only averaging what I can find for 2014) about a 2.0-2.2 final TV rating, while NASCAR is trending in the 3.5 range right now with nearly twice as many average viewers, and that's considering that NASCAR is breaking records for low TV ratings performances so far this year.

I will cede, however, that NASCAR viewers are something like 93% white and lean towards the 45+ demographic. But nevertheless, WWE is not nearly as valuable a commodity as NASCAR.

You are right, NASCAR still maintains a slight lead:

http://finance.yahoo.com/blogs/breakout/wwe-makes-huge-bet-nbc-will-submit-to-its-financial-demands-131204641.html