ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Draft experts share responsibility for underclassmen who are undrafted

papasmurfbell

Mike Florio is on a rant. Here's another article where he's ripping draft grades and specifically mentioning McShay and Kiper. He's actually urging people to not care about draft grades. Really? Who gives a shit?

I'm beginning to think he must have caught McShay and Kiper tag-teaming his wife or something.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/05/15/the-pft-insert-year-draft-grades/

Florio is a fake, just wanting the ratings, the hits & clicks. I know some people who USED to work for him; it's all about him.

What he fails to mention is this FACT. Before these kids declare for the draft they, almost all of them, get an evaluation done by the NFL scouts as to where their draft status, if at all, might be... It has nothing to do with Mel nor McSnide. If any of them do rest on what the draft ninnies say, it is on them, not on Mel nor Todd.

It is very common for the players, just like in the NBA, to get the eval, free.

That is not what I have been talking about. I was making the case how agents, the NFL, the NCAA, and to a degree the draft prognosticators do unsophisticated athletes no service by pushing the could happen situation.

I know. That conversation really can't go any further. I'm morphing it into Florio's continued attack on McShay/Kiper and everything they do.

Florio is a fake, just wanting the ratings, the hits & clicks. I know some people who USED to work for him; it's all about him.

What he fails to mention is this FACT. Before these kids declare for the draft they, almost all of them, get an evaluation done by the NFL scouts as to where their draft status, if at all, might be... It has nothing to do with Mel nor McSnide. If any of them do rest on what the draft ninnies say, it is on them, not on Mel nor Todd.

It is very common for the players, just like in the NBA, to get the eval, free.

Really? You are the first person I have ever heard of that said there are these player evals for the NFL. Please cite it I am quite interested to read more on how they work.

Unless McShay went to these underclassmen houses and told them they're guaranteed NFL money then I cant blame him for putting them on a draft list. These are grown adults making adult decisions. Pierce was a junior right? He got drafted in the 3rd, maybe he goes for his senior year and blows his knee out. Like any other business move its a calculated risk.

Here's a 2014 mock draft done in December, 2013. How were Brent Hundley, Ifo Ekpre-Olomu, Cameron Erving and Cedric Ogbuehi able to make the decision to stay in school another year? These were elite prospects who had 1st round grades. Were there no "shady agents" after them?

http://thebiglead.com/2013/12/20/2014-nfl-mock-draft-pre-bowl-game-edition/

BTW...you know who didn't have 1st round grades? Richardson and Purifoy. Guess who had self inflicted red flags though...

Really? You are the first person I have ever heard of that said there are these player evals for the NFL. Please cite it I am quite interested to read more on how they work.

Yes, here is one "source" Im a bit busy to get a better one, but this will do.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NFL_Draft_Advisory_Board

The NFL Draft Advisory Board (sometimes initialized as the NFLDAB[1]) is a panel of professional football scouting experts who offer advisory opinions to college football players as to the likely level of demand for the players' services during the NFL draft.[2][3]

Florio knows this as well, so run with it............. As I said, he is just making noise to get hits, clicks, people watching his show.... Peter King should know better.

Here's a 2014 mock draft done in December, 2013. How were Brent Hundley, Ifo Ekpre-Olomu, Cameron Erving and Cedric Ogbuehi able to make the decision to stay in school another year? These were elite prospects who had 1st round grades. Were there no "shady agents" after them?

http://thebiglead.com/2013/12/20/2014-nfl-mock-draft-pre-bowl-game-edition/

BTW...you know who didn't have 1st round grades? Richardson and Purifoy. Guess who had self inflicted red flags though...

A Mock draft is not an evaluation.

Yes, here is one "source" Im a bit busy to get a better one, but this will do.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NFL_Draft_Advisory_Board

Florio knows this as well, so run with it............. As I said, he is just making noise to get hits, clicks, people watching his show.... Peter King should know better.

This is the first I have ever heard of this group and I am pretty knowledgeable whne it comes to the draft. For a player to know about it would be spectacular. Also when you go to them for an eval how fast is it back to you. Again you have 3 days to change your mind.

A Mock draft is not an evaluation.

This is the first I have ever heard of this group and I am pretty knowledgeable whne it comes to the draft. For a player to know about it would be spectacular. Also when you go to them for an eval how fast is it back to you. Again you have 3 days to change your mind.

I've known about it for years Papa, so have most if not all of the college coaches, so a player would know by talking it over with their coaches. Remember, these kids are not deciding in one day, they have been thinking about it most of the season and likely speak with their coach just after the season, before bowl games, a full month or more befor ehaving to declare.

Now, how quickly do they get the results? Specifics I dont know, though we could easily find out with some more research. But bet that it is in plenty of time to make an informed opinion without looking at Mel's or Todd's or Florio's mock drafts- ALL of which say are for informational, conversational purposes only.

Florio is likely only writing his crap because his mock's don't the attention of those from ESPN.....