ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Classic Ravens Reporting...

dc.

Offensive coordinator Cam Cameron said that LT Jared Gaither is expected to start Saturday night. Gaither's comment: "I feel awesome."

That was posted by Dapetes (I think) from our friend Aaron Wilson.

Kevin van Valkenberg of The Sun's "Ravens Insiders" put it this way.

Jared Gaither participated in practice Thursday for the Ravens, but he wasn't interested in discussing how his ankle felt, or whether or not he'll be able to play Saturday against the Indianapolis Colts.

"I feel awesome, how about that?" Gaither said over his shoulder, heavy on the sarcasm, before hobbling to the training room and declining further comment.

If he can't play, it could put the Ravens in a bit of bind in pass protection, considering that both Dwight Freeney and Robert Mathis are two of the best defensive ends in football, and are expected to be fully healthy and rested for the first time this season.

So... is The Sun just behind on the times? Or did Wilson overhear a comment to Sun reporters and try and steal it for himself?

I say they're all morons.

That was posted by Dapetes (I think) from our friend Aaron Wilson.

Kevin van Valkenberg of The Sun's "Ravens Insiders" put it this way.

So... is The Sun just behind on the times? Or did Wilson overhear a comment to Sun reporters and try and steal it for himself?

I say they're all morons.

As a former Scout Insider over on Aaron Wilson's board, I will tell you that Wilson is legit. He works his ass off to get the latest information and interviews. He is a great writer and the Raven players trust talking to him. On the Scout Insider board, Wilson would break news hours before the Sun does. Not only is he intune with the Ravens, but he works as a league reporter for another website so he has ties all around the league. In fact, the Sun guys often take their info from Wilson.

You know, I hear that about Wilson constantly... and I have noticed him breaking some decent stories here and there... but I have not noticed him be "amazing" in his insights in any way, anytime. No disrespect, I just don't see it.

I also question... we've now got 2 reports on The Sun today, both talk about how gimpy Gaither was not only in his practice, but simply walking around. So even if he is saying "I feel awesome." It's either a lie, or he's just playing through it... but not well.

You know, I hear that about Wilson constantly... and I have noticed him breaking some decent stories here and there... but I have not noticed him be "amazing" in his insights in any way, anytime. No disrespect, I just don't see it.

I also question... we've now got 2 reports on The Sun today, both talk about how gimpy Gaither was not only in his practice, but simply walking around. So even if he is saying "I feel awesome." It's either a lie, or he's just playing through it... but not well.

Wilson only gives his insights in his Insider articles, so you have to be a member to get them. Most of the stories he "breaks" are only available through Insider as well. That board is really informative, you get a lot of inside information of what the coaches think about certain players and what the players are saying. The membership is great during the offseason because you hear who the Ravens are looking at in the draft and free agency.

I just mean that I hear Wilson's name attached to a lot of things... "Aaron Wilson is reporting..." or "Wilson thinks..." and it's never been a "oh, wow" moment for me. Nor have I ever remembered thinking back, "Hey, that guy Aaron Wilson was right..."

Not that I think that often about sports writing anyway... I think most of it is pretty lame and could be copied by, well, a guy with a keyboard and internet access. But I just haven't seen it from Wilson. The number of sports writers I truly respect and enjoy (or even just one of those) is quite limited.

I just mean that I hear Wilson's name attached to a lot of things... "Aaron Wilson is reporting..." or "Wilson thinks..." and it's never been a "oh, wow" moment for me. Nor have I ever remembered thinking back, "Hey, that guy Aaron Wilson was right..."

Not that I think that often about sports writing anyway... I think most of it is pretty lame and could be copied by, well, a guy with a keyboard and internet access. But I just haven't seen it from Wilson. The number of sports writers I truly respect and enjoy (or even just one of those) is quite limited.

Like I said, most of that content where you get the "Aaron Wilson was right..." comes from his premium content, not his free stuff. I will probably join the site again around free agency/draft time.

Every Raven logs full practice Thursday

Every Raven was listed as full participation in Thursday's injury report. That includes offensive tackle Jared Gaither, who sat out Wednesday with an ankle injury.

Other Ravens who were listed with injuries were: linebacker Tavares Gooden (knee), tight end Todd Heap (back), wide receiver Derrick Mason (hand), safety Ed Reed (groin and foot) and cornerback Cary Williams (thigh).

Based on the participation, the Ravens should list nearly everyone as "probable" on Friday's injury report. Gaither could be classified as "questionable."

http://weblogs.baltimoresun.com/sports/ravens/blog/2010/01/every_raven_logs_full_practice_thursday.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+sports_football_ravens+%28Ravens+Insider%29

Looks good to me.

Everybody is dinged up this time of year. This report tells me everybody is chomping at the bit wanting to play.

They are fired up.

Ravens%20fans.jpeg