ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Ravens cut Aaron Mellette and Adrian Hamilton

papasmurfbell

http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/ravens/ravens-insider/bal-ravens-cut-aaron-mellette-adrian-hamilton-20140617,0,1183316.story

The Ravens have cut wide receiver Aaron Mellette and outside linebacker Adrian Hamilton in advance of a mandatory minicamp that starts today at team headquarters.

It creates a pair of roster vacancies while the Ravens audition four veteran cornerbacks over the next three days: Aaron Ross, Drayton Florence, Marquice Cole and Dominique Franks.

Both Mellette and Hamilton spent last season on injured reserve.

Mellette, a seventh-round draft pick who set Southern Conference records at Elon and had a promising training camp last year, had knee surgery last year.

Mellette, who had nine receptions for 140 yards and two touchdowns during the 2013 preseason, was still dealing with knee problems during organized team activities this spring. He practiced the last two weeks but was held out of practice earlier this spring.

Hamilton was signed in 2012 after being cut by the Dallas Cowboys as an undrafted rookie. He was practicing without restrictions this spring after undergoing wrist surgery last year.

Hamilton had 22 sacks in his final season at Prairie View A&M, where he was the Football Championship Subdivision Defensive Player of the Year.

I was routing for Mellette. I figured his time was up when we got the local guy. Oz basically spent 2 picks on him.

The knee just hasnt responed well to treatment. I am sure they will stay in contact with him to see if it get any stronger; they really liked his potential. With the youth on the wr side, they might need him later.