ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

O's Raise Ticket Prices

dc.

Prices are going up in two ways... first for Prime Games (Opening Day, Yankees, Red Sox), but also for game-day sales.

That's right... the O's are going to charge you more for buying tickets as a walk-up customer on gameday than if you buy in advance. Anywhere from $1 to $5 I think I heard.

What really peeves me about this is that buying in advance generally means buying online - and the O's use ticketmaster. I believe the ticketmaster fee for an online baseball purchase is $4 or $5... so for my $10 upper deck ticket, I will actually pay $14. And that's $4 or $5 per ticket... not per transaction.

The O's claim they are trying to "reward" people who buy in advance... aka raise revenues before the season starts.

Really they are doing two things: 1. find new ways to pay the ticket window workers and 2. get even with ticketmaster.

I truly believe this is their way of saying, "Dear Ticketmaster, if you're going to make $4 off every ticket we sell online, then I'm going to find a way to make $1-4 extra on every gameday ticket. Jagoffs."

Two years ago it was $5 friday... last year $6 fridays... now maybe $7 fridays because of stupid $1 at-gate charge???

I have my 13-game plan... I'll probably go to about 20 games total, as usual... stupid owner, stupid team, whatever... baseball's my game.

Two years ago it was $5 friday... last year $6 fridays... now maybe $7 fridays because of stupid $1 at-gate charge???

I have my 13-game plan... I'll probably go to about 20 games total, as usual... stupid owner, stupid team, whatever... baseball's my game.

LOL, I was about to say the same thing. It doesn't matter though, I won't be a student this season...

Don't get too down dc, Tejada could be coming back to play third! If anything, it will be exciting to see how the young guys Matusz, Tillman, Bergesen, Arrieta, Pie, Reimold, Weiters, and Jones do this season. These guys are going to be much better prepared coming into this season than they were last season. Hopefully Nick has a nice rebound year as well.

Yeah, I'm rarely asked for an ID anyway... but occasionally I am. I also know enough students that we just have that person buy when necessary.

Even when I have been asked for an ID, it's generally hardly more than a glance. I bet I could get away with flashing my faculty ID from school now!

And only once did I have some bitchy ticket sales rep really inspect my ID... she still let me get a ticket. And then demanded my friends' IDs too, they were going to oblige until I got uppity and reminded her that I could purchase 4 tickets on my one ID. She gave me a look and I was about to ask for a manager when she obliged. :)

So how do you think we do this season, dc? Me personally am thinking .500 (which would be a big step for us). I think Wieters and Jones are going to take big steps forward. However, I think the guy that is going to impress the most is Nolan Reimold. The guy is just a hitter, and I love his power. He is supposedly 100%, and he should be ready to rake. I seriously think 30 homeruns at a .275 average is in the cards. It all comes down to the pitching. Matusz will be our ace by the end of the season, no doubt. I think Tillman will struggle a little, but hopefully will settle in.

I am getting out of the business of making predictions. It's just so frustrating... and often so wrong. I think we have a wonderful group of young players who, at any time, could make a big splash. How big? Who knows. It also means that we are going to see much of the same surge-slump style that we are accustomed to. We'll win a bunch and the offense will average 8 runs a game for just about a month... and then the next month we'll average 2 runs a game and have the worst RISP avg in the game. It's just our style, and it's the style of any younger, less experienced team.

I think power hitting and consistent pitching are going to continue to be our achilles. We are seriously lacking a power bat... and as much as I believe in the upside of Scott, Jone, Markakis, Reimold, Wieters and Atkins... I cannot believe that any of them is suddenly going to become a 35+ HR hitter that really threatens in the middle of our line-up. And as excited as I am about Matusz and Tillman ... I think it may be a stretch to expect even a solid winning record from any of them. Actually, I take that back. I'm just not getting my hopes up.

I am super excited to see Matusz again. He's still got rookie status and I think could make a run at the award.

As for breakout? I think Wieters is most likely to go off the charts. Look at his numbers the last 200AB of last year. Insane. I mean All-Star ridiculous insane. July through season's end... over 300, 7 HR, 36 RBI, 11 2B... The average is what excites me though. We know he has the power - he's probably got more power than Mauer, even (all of his HRs last year were straight away or opposite field - his power was waiting for his avg). But the average is what worried me. To hit 300+ over 250 at bats in the last two-plus of the season is just nice. And over the course of the season, he hit over 300 against righties. He's coming into his own. Get him into the heart of the line-up and I think he's going to downright explode.

Might stop by FanFest today... not that there's anything too interesting to see (not an autographs guy anymore), but still....