ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Get the Juice Loose

vmax

Can't wait to see his impact....

OWINGS MILLS, Md. -- There is a growing buzz that Kyle Juszczyk is going to be the Baltimore Ravens' breakout player this season. He is also going to be the team's most versatile one as well.

Asked how many places he can line up on the field, Juszczyk responded, "How many positions are there? That's the answer."

Justice

Juszczyk
During one practice this week, he lined up at every skill position except quarterback. He took snaps as the fullback, tailback, wide receiver, slot receiver and tight end.

A year ago, Juszczyk rarely got snaps on offense as a rookie. This year, it's going to be hard to keep the guy nicknamed "Juice" off of it.

"Wherever they tell me to line up, I'm going to go there," he said.

Juszczyk is now strong enough to be a lead blocker. He's got good enough hands to catch the ball. He's athletic enough to run past a defender on a seam route and pull down a pass 15 yards downfield.

But in order to play so many positions, the former fourth-round pick also has to be smart. That's never been a question with Juszczyk, who was an economics major at Harvard.

"One of the things I focus on is not learning what my job is on the play but what the entire play entails," he said. "That way, when I'm called upon to do something else, I understand the scheme and not that one position."

Juszczyk has been among the most improved players during the offseason and training camp. He led the Ravens in catches this preseason with 10.

His role could expand even more if tight end Owen Daniels doesn't produce as expected.

"I’ve been very pleased with Juice’s progress, and it’s important for our team that he plays well and plays like a four-, five-year guy and not a first-year starter," offensive coordinator Gary Kubiak said. "He’s been working at it, and I know we have a lot of confidence in him.” http://espn.go.com/blog/baltimore-ravens/post/_/id/12892/extra-juice-to-ravens-offense-this-year

nfl_u_ravens_fans1_sw_480.jpg

Yea, man.

He had a great camp and pre-season but he better not miss anymore blocks like

the one that almost ruined Pierce last week plus another miss. He won't last

a minute if he gets the RB and QB hurt.

Right! His blocking is much improved since last year but it's still a work in progress.